Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Ladies notice a Man's shoes?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For me it's usually suede or crocodile shoes that grab women's attention and elicit a comment.

Or a style they've never seen before.

bespokebutterflypb3.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh, cry for sure!

Some of it warrants a laugh (though the kind when you have to laugh, else you would cry):

"His name says it all: Peck. Brief, sweet and straight to the point -- like a man should be. It’s homophonous for a chiseled chest, just two letters shy of full-blown manhood, and fitting for his only Academy Award-winning performance as the handsomely attired attorney Atticus Finch in the 1962 film To Kill a Mockingbird (we can almost hear the pecking now)."

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
As a child, I was always taught to keep my shoes clean. As my father said:

"When you get into an elevator, you always look at the floor. And when you look at the floor, the first thing you see is other peoples' shoes. So the first thing they'll see are your shoes. Keep them clean".

So I dare say that yes, women would notice.

ÉIREGOBRÁCH1922

New in Town
You should always maintain your shoes. Clean and polish them if necessary. Dirty, worn or tattered shoes can look bad though if you are trying to make an impression.

It can really depend on the situation too. Nothing wrong wearing casual shoes with casual clothes. But, you should wear dress shoes with a suit or evening attire. No sense in wearing sneakers or casual shoes with a suit. A big no..no!

No point in wearing good shoes if you are hiking outdoors, kicking around a soccerball or football, and or running about through mud and dirt. Wear sensible shoes as each occasion requires them.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm usually looking up in an effort to make the floors pass faster......

4314668-inside-of-old-elevator-number-3-floor-pushed.jpg

Unless there's a pretty girl on the elevator.....:p

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Too funny! I think the real reason why people look at the floor - and if you really pay attention to your behaviour the next time, chances are you will notice it - is to avoid eye contact with other people.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The one time I recall where my eyes were glued to the floor was when I found myself alone in an elevator with the Cat Lady. What had to be less than a minute seemed like an hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld