Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disney/Pixar's CARS

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Lincsong said:
Anyone see this one? The marketing is huge I see the toys on and in everything. Going to take my nephew to see it tomorrow.:D

Went with a friend I used to work with & group of her friends; it was really cute, although (and one of my coworkers who went agres) I'd have to say this film is most geared towards kids than any of Pixar's others I've seen. They did have a really cool sequence with the original "Sh-Boom" by the Bop-Chords.

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Just came back from it. Yeah, it was good. But, then I love anything with cars and neon.lol lol Funny, how a theater full of kids is a lot quieter during the film than when adults are watching.lol Not peep for the entire 2 hours.:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
We saw it last week. It was quite enjoyable, espacially the old Hudson voiced by Paul Newman.

Cheers!

Dan

When we came home from the theater we drove past Arlen Ness Motorcycles and in the parking lot was a two-door Hudson Hornet like in the movie, but it was painted burgundy.:D I"ve got to find the toy model for that car.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The old Hudson (with Paul Newman's voice) is based on a real Hudson belonging to a friend of the director. This Hudson is on display right now, in front of Disney's "El Capitan" theater (on Hollywood Blvd.) It's even the same color as the movie's car.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Very enjoyable movie. BTW - the color of the Hudson is taken from original factory color chips for that year.

I'm ready to drive Route 66 now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally