Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dirty panama hats

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
Besides me, does anyone like the look of a well-worn dirty panama hat? I think that they look pretty cool. The first time I really saw this look in a movie- it was Jurassic Park. Sam Neill wore his and the guy in the beginning did too. If anyone has a "dirty" panama hat, post them here, thankyou.

fatwoul

Practically Family
We'll show you ours if you show us yours. :D

What is it about the dirty panama that you like? Could you elaborate more? It's interesting because of the popularity of all things battered and worn.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
If I could show you mine I would.
The thing that really appeals to me is the idea of the hat looking worn. It adds much to a person 's character by showing that the he/she has had many "adventures." Other than that I really cant describe it.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've got a Panama that I bought 4 years ago, and have beaten the heck out of. Only after joining the Lounge did I learn never to grab it by the pinch. So it now has a charming seediness, not to mention pretty good air conditioning. I love it, but as soon as I can I'm opting for the best Panama I can afford from PanamaBob. I know what you mean, that sort of guys with the skinny mustache and 3 days growth of beard and a lot of sweat in a film noir set in a hot climate sort of quality. But I think I'll prefer the new one. I guess each will have its own niche.
Now that I think of it, you may be able to see it in the film I accidentally extra-ed in last summer. I think it's called "On the Hook", with Frank Langella and Elliot Gould. If I'm visible at all, I'll be sitting in the foreground at a bar. Watch for the hat. Don't blink. lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm not a fan of dirty clothing, hats included. [huh] Well worn, even threadbare is ok but not dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe