Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I get a good deal?

I think i got a good deal, but i'm something of a hat novice. What thinks everyone else:

I was in a local vintage store that i just found out about (actually an antiques store w/ some vintage). I picked up a 40s french overcoat - wide lapels, the works. I also got two hats, hence this in the hats section. Both the hats are from the same seller as the overcoat, and appear to be unworn. One is a sage green Stetson Stratoliner, the other is a light grey-ish brown-ish Stetson Whippet. Both fit perfectly (as does the overcoat) and, as i say, are pretty much unused. I paid $15 for each. Is this a good deal for these hats?

thanks in advance for your comments,
bk

Johnnysan said:
A fantastic deal...congratulations! Photos for the envious please!! :cheers1:

The whippet. Ignore the pose .. different thread, different requirements:

FlightJackArmsOut.jpg

I'll post more images of both hats later. I might even get some photos where you can see something of the hats ;)

bk

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
That's close to an unreal deal...

Even had you paid $15x3 for each hat, both would have still been a deal, especially with them in good shape and in your size. And, as JP said, your purchase is even more notable because of the colors. Typically, at auction in desireable sizes, the Stratoliners in common colors are going for upwards of $80 and more. Additional pix would also be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally