Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Developing a Line of Menswear Patterns

Creeping Past

One Too Many
That's such good news, Honey Doll! Many thanks to you and Alexandra for getting this project moving so quickly.

I'll be ordering in September, and November and January...

Edward

Bartender
Honey Doll, this is great news indeed. Now all I need to do is find the other half of the equation (i.e. the tailor) and I'm in business! :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
sewing pics

If it would be helpful, I can take some pics of my projects as I go along. That would show at least how one fits a muslin and puts a piece together. I am intending to start on drafting a belt back jacket from an early 50s pattern, then I am going to do some 40s high waisted pants. Granted, I'm not a professional tailor, but it would give you the perspective of a fairly experienced-home-sewer's approach.

Honey Doll

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Honey Doll said:
If it would be helpful, I can take some pics of my projects as I go along. That would show at least how one fits a muslin and puts a piece together. I am intending to start on drafting a belt back jacket from an early 50s pattern, then I am going to do some 40s high waisted pants. Granted, I'm not a professional tailor, but it would give you the perspective of a fairly experienced-home-sewer's approach.

Honey Doll

That would be a very useful addition to this thread. Thanks in advance.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Update

The 1930s pants have been graded into a multisize pattern. Alexandra is sending me a copy for muslin testing and to review for adjustments if necessary. The pattern will be available soon in waist sizes 30-42!

Honey Doll

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Palm Beach Suits for possible ideas for Patterns

HD I posted some Palm Beach suit pix over on suits threads...they are pretty good...

C

Honey Doll

Practically Family
30s Trousers NOW AVAILABLE!

Update...the 30s trousers are available in multisizes on the Evadress site. The pattern will make up waist sizes from 30-46!

Here is the link... http://www.evadress.com/1141PR.html

The next pattern available will be a 30s casual jacket in multisizes as well with more menswear to follow.

Enjoy!

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Next Anticipated Pattern...

casual30sjacket.jpg
[/IMG]

The first pattern (30s pants is now available in multisizes). This 30s casual jacket is slated to be the next available pattern.

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Belted Back Sport Coat

Efforts continue!

I have a good working pattern drafted for a belted back jacket.

This a depiction of the look of it from the front.... (It has high cut armholes and a skeleton lining)

sportcoatpatternart.jpg
[/IMG]

The belted back has two options... it can either be made up with a pleated/yoke back style as seen here....

PleatedBelted2.jpg
[/IMG]

Or with a bi-swing panel, similar to this...

1930sDiagonalBeltedBackJacketBack3.jpg
[/IMG]

I have started putting a yoke/pleated version together. I will post some progress pics to this thread. I want to have one of each style entirely pieced before sending the pattern out for duplication so that I can make sure the pattern functions well.

I got a very nice weight and quality Italian imported wool from FashionFrabicsClub.com that looks remarkably like the plaid in Baron's original piece.

I'll keep you all updated!

Honey Doll

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Honey Doll, you are a genius!

This is a better result than I could have imagined. I just hope I can raise the bar on my sewing 'skills' and do justice to the patterns and yours and Evadress's hard work...

Honey Doll

Practically Family
May I recommend...

Creeping Past said:
Honey Doll, you are a genius!

This is a better result than I could have imagined. I just hope I can raise the bar on my sewing 'skills' and do justice to the patterns and yours and Evadress's hard work...

CP

May I recommend a book to you? I have a copy of Classic Tailoring Techniques: A Construction Guide for Men's Wear (F.I.T. Collection) by Roberto Cabrera which I find extraordinarily helpful....lot of illustrations and written in a way that does not take for granted any level of expertise, nor does the author talk down to the novice. Its a very good primer on menswear construction.

Honey Doll

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Hi Honey Doll,

What's the latest on the jacket efforts? I'd order one of these.

Cheers,
- Steve

Honey Doll said:
Efforts continue!

I have a good working pattern drafted for a belted back jacket.

This a depiction of the look of it from the front.... (It has high cut armholes and a skeleton lining)

sportcoatpatternart.jpg
[/IMG]

The belted back has two options... it can either be made up with a pleated/yoke back style as seen here....

PleatedBelted2.jpg
[/IMG]

Or with a bi-swing panel, similar to this...

1930sDiagonalBeltedBackJacketBack3.jpg
[/IMG]

I have started putting a yoke/pleated version together. I will post some progress pics to this thread. I want to have one of each style entirely pieced before sending the pattern out for duplication so that I can make sure the pattern functions well.

I got a very nice weight and quality Italian imported wool from FashionFrabicsClub.com that looks remarkably like the plaid in Baron's original piece.

I'll keep you all updated!

Honey Doll

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I'm planning on getting that 30s trouser pattern, and a couple for my wife as well. I'd love that jacket pattern as well, when it's ready.

I don't know if you're still taking requests, but if there's a pattern out there for a men's dress shirt with french cuffs and a detachable collar, I'd certainly buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe