Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
To be clear the Iron Heart Jacket is still in the sample stage.. they make only a few to tweak a few things prior to the general release.. this is the second iteration.. probably be available this fall if I was to guess

To be clear the Iron Heart Jacket is still in the sample stage.. they make only a few to tweak a few things prior to the general release.. this is the second iteration.. probably be available this fall if I was to guess
Plenty of time to pick up the super black 101j and wait. Saw the pics on the forum. It looks
2E445EA8-3AF8-4CA7-9164-E8F51AB5C5A0.gif

VestCoast

A-List Customer
If I remember correctly that first time estimate was wait time for the sample, the current 3-4 months is for the production run. Been waiting for this IH storm rider for a while....

VestCoast

A-List Customer
The riffmaster has some serious bones, the 21oz black denim is a class of it's own. Monotone black with copper buttons is seriously cool. Offers a good bit of variability compared to the indigo type 3 you just got. In my opinion denim jackets are so much more wearable than leather it makes more sense to have a bunch of them. Some people would say I have too many jackets regardless of material but that's obviously ridiculous. There's also the benefit of saving thousands of dollars...

VestCoast

A-List Customer
The demand for this storm rider seems pretty high so hopefully I'll be able to nab one in 40 when they go live. Sometimes these things hang around the IHUK site for months and other times you miss out on your size the same day they go up.

The riffmaster has some serious bones, the 21oz black denim is a class of it's own. Monotone black with copper buttons is seriously cool. Offers a good bit of variability compared to the indigo type 3 you just got. In my opinion denim jackets are so much more wearable than leather it makes more sense to have a bunch of them. Some people would say I have too many jackets regardless of material but that's obviously ridiculous. There's also the benefit of saving thousands of dollars...
Man I'm a full convert...6 months ago all I had was a 14 oz type III from Target which wasn't half bad in it's own right...at this point leather has simply lost it's appeal for me. And yeah you are spot on man...the lefty 19oz OD sold out within hours. I'll have to wake up at 1AM to grab one.

barnabus

One Too Many
This, all day long. I'm still almost entirely in my sherpa (borg!) lined trucker when I'm not on the bike.

I'll do a pic later, but it's nothing special. It's from Gap from quite a few years back.
Gap made nice sherpa jackets! I have one, too that I'm wearing often. Really nice. I've seen some of their newer versions, they've improved the cut and materials.

ksozay

One Too Many
I should stop reading this thread...

Recently picked up:

- Iron Heart Type 2 18oz denim jacket. Surprised at how much I love the cut/fit.
- Iron Heart 526L.
- Japan Blue Sapphire Slub Type 2 jacket. Color is epic.
- Lee Storm Rider flannel line corded collar from early 60s. Very little indigo left, almost looks white.

Will post some pics later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun