Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deferred Gratification Blues

PhilS

One of the Regulars
I have a custom hat on order from Art Fawcett, a Campdraft on a 3 month wait from Australia, and a straw coming sometime around Memorial day, and I have lost five straight ebay auctions that went past my self imposed limit on them. I have one decent hat and some tyrolean velours and I am feeling very antsy. Deferred gratification is not my bag. Would everyone please stop bidding on hats I want? Will everyone please unload the 7 3/8 long ovals they don't want?
:(

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PhilS said:
I have a custom hat on order from Art Fawcett, a Campdraft on a 3 month wait from Australia, and a straw coming sometime around Memorial day, and I have lost five straight ebay auctions that went past my self imposed limit on them. I have one decent hat and some tyrolean velours and I am feeling very antsy. Deferred gratification is not my bag. Would everyone please stop bidding on hats I want? Will everyone please unload the 7 3/8 long ovals they don't want?
:(

Ok, I solemnly promise to NOT bid on any men's 7 3/8 long oval hats until Memorial Day. :D

Vintage Betty

AlanC

Phil, I feel your pain, but things will break your way. Stick to your ebay limit and don't buy something you really don't want in haste. Once your work of Art arrives all of that waiting will be forgotten. You'll then start figuring out how long you have to wait to order your next one!

And if it makes you feel any better I've been waiting since June for my Adventurebilt.

AlanC

Art Fawcett said:
Cheer up Phil...your hat went on the block tonight..
Art, speaking of deferred gratification, seen anything on a block around there I might be interested in? :whistling

Dr Doran

Phil -- wanna win more Ebay auctions? Try auctionsniper.com and you will turn into a winner -- kinda like the Charles Atlas Physique System that makes a man out of Mack (although I am not of course here denigrating your manhood).

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
Waiting Game

I am also waiting for several hats. Some from auctions, one new one and also for Panama Bob to replenish his stock. Nothing like having a package on the doorstep when I walk up!

But the wife pulled the plug on hats. She say "No more hats!" since I'm running out of room. The Beaver hat (100% & her size) from Tango Yankee was OK though. Funny how that works. Anyway time to go through and weed out the ones that don't fit. Here is a Stetson Pork Pie that I would like to have help in dating. My guess is 50's - 60's. Any info would be appreciated.

P4160001.JPG
P4160002.JPG
P4160003.JPG

The hat is darker brown than the photos show and is a 7 3/8 LO. I was considering stretching it, but Pork Pie is not my style.

Ralph

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
I was suffering the same Deferred Gratification Blues waiting for my new Campdraft I ordered in late November from Australia (still waiting!).

I don’t do ebay (in enonymous 12 step recovery program from overbidding hats). Been clean 4 months now.

For a quick fix I found David Morgan can get a new Squatter to you in 2 days. I tested it twice…2 days each time. CEO took 3 days.

Arts hat is well worth the wait. We’ll see if the Campdraft is worth the 5 months.

We feel your pain

DrQuest

Familiar Face
I certainly can understand the annoyance with delayed gratification. Three days ago I ordered a gray Bogart fedora and a black Jaxon C-crown, and two Ivy hats, all from Village Hats, and they only shipped yesterday, and probably won't arrive til early next week. I was hoping to wear the black C-crown on Sunday with my black suit, but it looks like this won't happen. Also, I plan to order a brown C-crown from them but currently they are out of stock of the large size, and they tell me they will get a new shipment in, in about 3 months. Ugh. I hate waiting. Give me patience, and give it to me right now!
lol

DrQuest

Familiar Face
Fredthecat said:
I was suffering the same Deferred Gratification Blues waiting for my new Campdraft I ordered in late November from Australia (still waiting!).

I don’t do ebay (in enonymous 12 step recovery program from overbidding hats). Been clean 4 months now.

For a quick fix I found David Morgan can get a new Squatter to you in 2 days. I tested it twice…2 days each time. CEO took 3 days.

Arts hat is well worth the wait. We’ll see if the Campdraft is worth the 5 months.

We feel your pain

Fred:

Nice avatar........:eusa_clap

The Shadow knows.............muhahahahahahaaaaa.

;)

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Phil, I'm right there with ya, I have a panama on order from Miller hats that I hope will be here by May. And a Campdraft coming as well, but from what Fredthecat is saying it looks like it will be longer than 3 months on that. Oh welll I guess I'll just have to wear my OR all summer, and I got a feeling I may be chatting with Art real soon about a birthday present to myself.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Lon Goval said:
Here is a Stetson Pork Pie that I would like to have help in dating. My guess is 50's - 60's. Any info would be appreciated.

P4160001.JPG
P4160002.JPG
P4160003.JPG

The hat is darker brown than the photos show and is a 7 3/8 LO. I was considering stretching it, but Pork Pie is not my style.

Ralph

Nice Pork Pie! Where did you pick that up? Plus a 7 3/8 LO. I never have that kind of luck. But I keep looking. My day will come! ;)

DrQuest

Familiar Face
Still waiting on my Jaxon Bogart and my black C-crown, and two Ivys. Should arrive tomorrow but I sure dont like waiting.

(sigh):(

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
The Camp Draft arrived! Worth the wait

5 months wait was a stretch but I must say: One Nice Hat….fits like...er, a hat? Took a bash with ease by hand, sharp!

Gratification at last! They were all right it was worth the wait, I think my vintage Open Roads are doomed to the hat self and the other Akubras are now lonely while I make this Camp Draft into a Vintage FredTheCat.

And thanks DrQuest, I listen to every Shadow episode I can find, and read the pulp stories.

Q7HJ 3M7D7 S23VA!…decoded with Shadow decoder ring:
Camp Draft Rules!

“The Shadow knows.............muhahahahahahaaaaa!

DrQuest

Familiar Face
Fredthecat said:
And thanks DrQuest, I listen to every Shadow episode I can find, and read the pulp stories.

Q7HJ 3M7D7 S23VA!…decoded with Shadow decoder ring:
Camp Draft Rules!

“The Shadow knows.............muhahahahahahaaaaa!

I found several episodes of The Shadow on an old time radio website and downloaded them on CD a couple months ago. Much more sinister and scary than the movie. :eek:fftopic:

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
working on Camp Draft photos

I’ll try to work on Camp Draft photos but still haven’t figured how to post here. I don’t have, want or need a new “account”on the interweb.

The Camp Draft just seems right. Not quite as soft and subtle (yet) as my vintage Open Roads but at $100 (and 5 months) a great daily rabbit hat.

I was all ready to sign up for the thin ribbon bunch again when POOF….
The Camp Draft and I sat down at the old Singer treadle and now it’s already sporting a 1 ½” ribbon made from vintage flea market lightly faded French rayon ribbon. Snazzy…

Mrs Fredthecat can’t tell it from vintage hats.

And yes, I know this information is useless without the photos.

DQ: I have LOTS of Shadow radio shows on CDs if you want them.

Fredthecat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe