Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decorated/Accented Hosiery

16_sparrows

Vendor
2221337899_75b6b65867.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of hosiery in vintage photos with these ankle accents woven in the hose (as seen above). I really love this look and am wondering if anyone knows of a shop selling reproductions or similar hosiery?

(I know I've seen a shop once that carried this type of woven accent as a backseam, but I can't remember where I saw it.)

16_sparrows

Vendor
I'm a huge fan of sock dreams but haven't seen any hose like this. They do have wonderful knit knee-highs with accented knitting, but no nylon.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
If you want fully-fashioned hosiery like this, basically the only place is vintage shops, ebay and alexis4u.com. Here is an example from my collection, and I'm pretty sure there's more discussion like this in the hosiery thread.

brownstars.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am giving away a pair of flocked bow back hosiery in the Classifieds. If you are in the UK, Accessorize ROCKS for unusual stockings and hosiery. Sock Dreams is great, as well as your local thrift store.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld