Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating: Do's and Dont's (1949)

Caity Lynn said:
^ lol possibly. I always say there is a kind of twin to everyone somewhere in the world :p
I hope not "everyone" or I'd better find and "neutralize" him before he does me--I think we can all agree that ONE of me in this world is quite enough and sometimes with the split-personality two too many!:eek:

As for PDA, I have a story from my high-school days about a couple playing tonsil-hockey that found themselves in my way... (which is a dangerous place to be when you have about 300 pounds of me and gear closing in at what my cop buddies call "High Effing Rate of Speed"--yes, that is a verbatim quote!)

Edward

Bartender
Caity Lynn said:
I think it's cute in a "thats so cute I want to throw up rainbows and bubbles" kinda way, but I don't mind it. When I say PDA, I mean like that couple who is making out in the hallway, and can't keep their hands of each other for more than 2 seconds. Get A Room.

Hells, yes. I remember one couple I used to see about at university - I honestly didn't recognise either of them when I saw them apart, as I'd never seen their faces when they were together..... They used to go for lunch the same place I ate, and make a spectacle of themselves by snogging the faces off ach other constantly at a table in the middle of the palce. what was worse, they often went for lunch with a single friend, and behaved like that ith him at the table. Such people deserve nothing other than the basest contempt. I tend to assume that they have some sort of chronic insecurity about their relationship if they fel the need to shove it in everyone's face like that.

I never understood the dating thing at all, either the US conception thereof, or the way it plays out over here. The oldr I get, the less interested I am about doing anything that would change my singleton status: I quite like my lifestyle, and a potential relationship woul have to be so close to perfect for me to consider it worth making such a major life-change, that I don't expect it ever to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe