Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darhling should do _______ with her hair.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
What is it with men & long hair? :)

I'll speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not alone in my sentiments:

To me, long hair is very beautiful, feminine and even sexy. I love touching it and running my hands through it. I love watching the way it sails in a breeze and how it moves and bounces while a woman is walking; how it swings and ripples when she turns her head. I love the different styles: braids, curls, waves and such, even straight as an arrow. I even love brushing a woman's long hair for her. I love how you women make it smell as sweet as a spring breeze.

Of course, I may have a slight fetish for long hair. :rolleyes:

Lee

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
I totally agree Laura, I have had EVERY hairlenght availible, from 10 inch longer than it is now to about 1.5 inches short.

I think that I just don't want to get shorter than my shoulders, otherwise the thickness and curls will just take over and there isnt enough weight to control my curls.

Definitely, with your type of hair (amazing and thick!), no shorter than shoulders! Looking forward to seeing the lovely curls once they are shorter, you'll see how much easier it is to curl and set.

PSK123

A-List Customer
I've always find that slightly shorter hair is more interesting, just a bit more...not sure really. Just a little different from "the norm".

Sunny

One Too Many
Clara Noir said:
Desi Du Lu Lu, i'm all set to try this, but can you give me an idea of how long to curl it for? And what kind of rollers are best? I can't stand trying to dry a wet set for a hundred years before going out. But this I hope just might work, at least well enough for snood curls!
:eek:fftopic: IIRC, Desi said she uses perm rods, most 1/2" with some 1". But I'm also curious about how long. Other than that, I'm all set to go, too! :D

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Sunny said:
:eek:fftopic: IIRC, Desi said she uses perm rods, most 1/2" with some 1". But I'm also curious about how long. Other than that, I'm all set to go, too! :D

I keep mine in overnight. (NO WET SETS THOUGH) I put the setting lotion in my clean damp hair and let it dry 90%. Even in the morning I don't take it out right away. I check ONE roller and if it even has a hint of moisture I reroll it and let it dry. I cannot stress how dry it has to be. DID I SAY DRY?

I mean, it has to be dried to a crisp!

I should do a diagram, because my hair is long and all one length and I get different styles from different sets. It makes the difference between say, Rita Hayworth hair (with bangs) versus like a Bettie Page like do. (Or a pageboy.)

Sunny

One Too Many
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I keep mine in overnight. (NO WET SETS THOUGH) I put the setting lotion in my clean damp hair and let it dry 90%. Even in the morning I don't take it out right away. I check ONE roller and if it even has a hint of moisture I reroll it and let it dry. I cannot stress how dry it has to be. DID I SAY DRY?

I mean, it has to be dried to a crisp!

I should do a diagram, because my hair is long and all one length and I get different styles from different sets. It makes the difference between say, Rita Hayworth hair (with bangs) versus like a Bettie Page like do. (Or a pageboy.)
Yeah, I GET THE MESSAGE! lol Setting lotion first, let it nearly dry, then brylcreem, then roll, and sleep on it. Yay!

My gosh, you have diagrams?! And I thought different sets were only for really short hair that can do pin curls! Post post post please!!!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Sunny said:
Yeah, I GET THE MESSAGE! lol Setting lotion first, let it nearly dry, then brylcreem, then roll, and sleep on it. Yay!

My gosh, you have diagrams?! And I thought different sets were only for really short hair that can do pin curls! Post post post please!!!

I will work on some diagrams and do some tutorials.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
Straight razor all the way.

No point in half measures. Keep it, or be rid of it entirely!

bk
:D it doesn't suit me to get my hair that short! There can be many beautiful alternatives .. hopefully!

I just straightened it today and it gets SO long when I do that.. I do love it when it swooshes at my waist. I am so indecisive regarding this! lol

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Darhling said:
:D it doesn't suit me to get my hair that short! There can be many beautiful alternatives .. hopefully!

I just straightened it today and it gets SO long when I do that.. I do love it when it swooshes at my waist. I am so indecisive regarding this! lol

Why not just get a few decent layers then? Don't chop off the length...

you'll miiiiissss it! LOL

Adele

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I am so indecisive regarding this! lol

I'm in the same boat - though I think mine is more extreme in terms of length: http://toniguyacademy.com/photos/stylefile/images/292/780x780.aspx.

Perhaps this is hypocritical of me to say, but you should just go for it. Or at least, what desi_de_lu_lu suggested.

At least you will still be able to do vintage hair styles! Mine would allow me not any longer (which is why I'm hesitating big time).

Hair decisions can be so stressful!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Charlie Noodles said:

Gotcha! ;)

I think I have a solution for this. There is this hairdresser in London who does vintage haircuts and styles, if she is availible I will make an appointment with her, for when I come over! I think she has done some of the loungers hair..

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Gotcha! ;)

I think I have a solution for this. There is this hairdresser in London who does vintage haircuts and styles, if she is availible I will make an appointment with her, for when I come over! I think she has done some of the loungers hair..

Yeah, Nina is the best! You'll enjoy it. :)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Either way.. u will llook STUNNING!

For me.. I would personally cut off in small portions so that its not so much of a shock.. but sometimes u just have to close your eyes and do it! LOL

Cant wait to seeee!!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
It would be a shame to lose that beautiful hair, but I am currently struggling with what I can do with mine too. Its been darkened, and cut shorter because of dry bleached ends, plus its naturally curly, so..... "It'll grow back" so doesnt work for me because it takes twice as long!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well I finally did it! I had it cut at Ninas while I was in London - a fabulous place in every way!

I had a lot cut off, it used to almost go to my waist, by now the longest part (the back) just grazes my shoulder, the sides are shorter.

Here is a little bad quality pic of it so far.

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe