Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Pina Bridgette said:
I'm not sure if anyone remembers these shoes I have that seem to have a distant vintage FL relative?

mine & distant Fedora Lounge relative
LAutreChoseL6901.jpg
Janine020.jpg

I just found these from Newport News! And not a bad price = $29.00 although I can't help but notice how the heel gets taller & taller :)
newportnews.jpg

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=30270160

So can oyu link the middle pair of shoes? They are to die for!

Samantha

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Me Too has done it again. My fingers are itching to open my wallet for a pair of these:

'Frost'
6219-694514-p.jpg

I have two pairs of black/gold t-strap shoes in the 'Spin' style from 3 years ago with the exact same heel. (I lusted after them for half a year and there were skidmarks on the keyboard when they went on sale. I bought another pair of the same a year later off eBay.) The 2.5'' height is just right, quite comfy and stable. I wear them often in all seasons.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
BTW, that is not what a worn Remix shoe looks like over here! Mine started to go mouldy after wearing on damp grass! :eek:

There is a shop near(ish) me called Fame of Surrey, they do the mesh Oxfords, and probably the others if you enquired - they have a site but it is non transactional.

I spoke to Fame of Surrey regarding the 30s velvet oxford and he said they are a dance shoe and it should not be worn for streetwear without resoling. (in England, obviously. Our weather being mostly wet)

Bring back the Phillips Stick-a-sole, I say!

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
I’ll have to agree, bringing back the Philips stick-a-sole is a jolly good idea. I have plenty of shoes that need them.
On my travels up North I came across an old box of them- oh how I wished I bought them! :eusa_doh:

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I wear mine at the theatre all day most every day -- and not only am I on my feet a good part of that time, I'm also lugging beer kegs and film cans up and down four flights of stairs. Any other shoe, my feet are in agony at the end of the day, but not with these!

And of course, they are a very vintage style -- very popular with housewives in the late thirties/early forties as the "Girl Scout style comfort shoe".

The one non-vintage feature is that they do have rubber soles -- but they are dress-quality, and quite unobtrusive.

Lizzie,

Thank you for the stellar review of the Clinic Coquette. I think I'm going to have to buy a pair now. I just need to sell some things on eBay first. ;)

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Ordered Coquettes Today

BeBopBaby said:
Lizzie,

Thank you for the stellar review of the Clinic Coquette. I think I'm going to have to buy a pair now. I just need to sell some things on eBay first. ;)

BeBopBaby,

Lizzie is in deed a great spokesperson for the Coquette. I ordered a pair today!!! I can't believe they are less than $100.00, which is far less epensive the the P.W. Minor "Trinket" at a little over $200.00.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hope you find them as comfy as I do, Leah! To give credit where credit is due, it was a Lounge post several years ago by Fortworthgal, I think, who put me onto these, and I've also seen that they're popular with some of the European homefront living-history folks.

I'll occasionally see them turn up on eBay at serious bargain prices, since they tend to fly well below the high-style radar -- I got my black pair, unused and unworn, for $19 by keeping an eye out.

olive bleu

One Too Many
BeBopBaby..I REAALLY did not need to see those.I have an incurable weakness for maryjanes, T-straps, etc. And what's more those are Red.and they look comfy. My hours- old paycheck may be in serious trouble:D

texasgirl

One Too Many
Those are really cute! I love red!!!

I got these recently from Softspots-not sure if it's the same company? But they look similar- so comfy!!!! There was so much padding inside I thought I wouldn't be able to get my foot in, but it just cradles- wore them all day the first day, no problems. And they're not too high either.

985-276936-p.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7250317/c/3.html

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
I was at Target today and I happened to stroll by the shoes section, and I saw a couple of pairs of shoes I MUST go back for! Such as...

blackbottie.jpg

and these

brownncream.jpg

I was surprised that Target had these shoes for fall. I even got a new pair of patent mary janes with a little heel for work. Too cute

Snookie

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
I spoke to Fame of Surrey regarding the 30s velvet oxford and he said they are a dance shoe and it should not be worn for streetwear without resoling. (in England, obviously. Our weather being mostly wet)

Bring back the Phillips Stick-a-sole, I say!

Being from SoCal, I'm not even going to pretend I understand weather. That said, Aris Allen Shoes are not a typical "dance" shoe. Ballroom dance shoes typically have a paper-thin, extremely flexible suede sole, designed so that the wearer has complete control over her feet. They are not suitable to be worn off the dance floor, they would be destroyed in a minute. Aris Allens are more like a sturdy street shoe, on which someone applied a sturdy leather sole (which is what swing dancers do - put leather etc. on street shoes). I think it would be quite easy to attach something to the bottom, there's a solid 1/4" sole on the oxfords and the mesh shoes to nail into. I don't see why a complete re-sole would be required.

But then, mold was mentioned, and I don't even want to mess with that...

FYI, I found that the oxfords run slightly small, I'm generally an 8, but I had to buy the 8.5. I think the Rugcutters and the mesh ones run more true to size. Also, my black oxfords stain my feet if I don't wear stockings (*gasp!* :p), I bet the red ones do too. All their shoes are extremely comfortable and are very well made considering the price. I currently own 4 pairs.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShrinkingViolet said:
8050_0_2_700.jpg

These are available in ruby red as well :eek:

As for the price of shoes, I think you need to keep in mind that consumer goods are generally cheaper in the US, the land of consumption. I'm often amazed how cheap electronic stuff, clothes and shoes, makeup and skincare etc. is, even with the exchange rate taken into consideration ... so consequentially the prices of European shoes will seem monstrous in comparison, right? I'm just making a rough assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

I am afraid to ask the price of these...as I have a purse that would really kill with them...

Blondie

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
8050_0_2_700.jpg

These are available in ruby red as well :eek:

As for the price of shoes, I think you need to keep in mind that consumer goods are generally cheaper in the US, the land of consumption. I'm often amazed how cheap electronic stuff, clothes and shoes, makeup and skincare etc. is, even with the exchange rate taken into consideration ... so consequentially the prices of European shoes will seem monstrous in comparison, right? I'm just making a rough assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong :)
Hey ShrinkingViolet,
what is the style name of these ?
and what website did you find them on ??
Thanks

Lillemor

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I keep drooling over these shoes from Sofft:

41Wn5XdgAlL._SS400_.jpg

I love T-bar shoes, I only have a pair of T-bar sandals. I also want a red pair of shoes in the near future but for my first pair of T-bar shoes I'll probably go for a black pair. The heel is closer to what I like than many shoes I see today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe