Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
I saw these at Target

1474373472_ed50b43751_o.jpg

1474373412_5304b38630_o.jpg

1473499301_4bbda499fa_o.jpg

Sorry if they have already been posted.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Try Ebay!

classicstyle said:
Where did you get your seamed stockings? I've been looking for some for ages but can't find the proper pair.

TONS of seamed stockings!

And here is a fabulous link, this is a page that shows stocking sizes as compared to US shoe sizes! Not just the foot size, but also the leg size!

http://www.sleeknchic.com/html/generalinfo2.htm

Since many, many people will not bother to figure out what their vintage stocking size is, and therefore won't bid on unknown size stockings, with this link and Ebay you can get some great stockings!

I got 6 pairs recently for about $9, and they were new old stock, and fit [perfectly, and I have yet to run the first pair,which I wear over, and over...

Happy shopping!

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
Miss 1929 said:
TONS of seamed stockings!

And here is a fabulous link, this is a page that shows stocking sizes as compared to US shoe sizes! Not just the foot size, but also the leg size!

http://www.sleeknchic.com/html/generalinfo2.htm

Since many, many people will not bother to figure out what their vintage stocking size is, and therefore won't bid on unknown size stockings, with this link and Ebay you can get some great stockings!

I got 6 pairs recently for about $9, and they were new old stock, and fit [perfectly, and I have yet to run the first pair,which I wear over, and over...

Happy shopping!

Awesome! Thank you SO much.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh Red I feel your pain! Those are so darn cute. Why white??? Why, why why?? Such a silly thing to sell white shoes this time of year. But, with the weather where you live, you can still wear white after Labor Day. Here in the northeast that's a major fashion no no[huh]

I just got these shoes. I wish that they made them in other colors. They are made by a brand called "Miss Me". I'm gonna do some searching to see if I can find them in another color from another store. I let you know if I do. But, in the mean time if you are interested I got them at a store called Plasticland

They are so incredibly comfortable. The padding in them is like a little pillow on the soles of my feet. They were a little tight, but after wearing them for just a few hours they stretched out quite nicely and now are my most comfortable shoes. I found them at this cute online shop Plasticland. I also got some very pretty retro inspired blouses and a pretty slip dress, and the prices are quite reasonable. They are juniors sizes, so for us "more mature" ladies I'd recommend going up a size from your regular size. The shoes run true to size, but the clothes are a bit smaller, especially in the bust!

Hi Daisy,

Those red shoes are so cute! I ran across a pair that looks very similar, in black, at mybabyjo.com.

M.B.J. calls them the "Jammie Suede Wedge" and say they are comfortable, too. http://www.mybabyjo.com/shoes02.htm

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I think these from Clarks look like an authentic 1940s style. I'm very tempted!

40sshoe.jpg

The following 3 are from Office -

These look a lot nicer in the flesh and would be nice for winter:

shoe3.jpg

These are cute and in the sale:

shoe2.jpg

These wedges are only £10, the heel should be higher though:

shoe4.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
On the subject of Clarks shoes have any of you ladies noticed that we have different shoes available over here in the UK to the ones that you have in the states?
These beauties are not available anywhere in the UK http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/p/7336787.html
And even the T-straps are different, the USA have a chunkier heel and I think that the stitching is prettier than the UK version.
So to illustrate my point these are the USA version called "Lena"
simg_t_tec1048344shoes_iaec1048344j.jpg

Whilst these are the UK version called "Apple Snow"
clk_applesnowoxblood.jpg

The pay off is that we do have these is patent purple now!! They don't have them online but they are selling them in the stores, one of my work collegues went into a frenzy when she saw the purple ones. I would love to get hold of those lovely peep toes that you have in the states in navy though!!!!!

P.S I LOVE your avatar SarahLouise!

satindoll

New in Town
A while back I remember someone posting about Faryl Robin shoes. It was the first time I had ever heard of them. Well, even though I can't have every pair I like (which is pretty much all of them) I now check out www.zappos.com periodically to drool over their gorgeous shoes and try to chose one pair I like best.

Here's a lovely vintage looking bunch on sale right now for 10% off. The problem is they just have too many fabulous shoes and it's impossible to narrow down your choices. It is sheer torture that I can't afford to buy them all!

faryl-robin-shoes.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Satin Doll, those are a find! Those brown suede ones and are to DIE for! I have got to stop looking in this thread, it's just so bad for me!!! lol

satindoll

New in Town
My credit card is sitting right here by my computer just taunting me! This is why I don't go to the Remix site that often. Why, oh why, do these people have to make such gorgeous shoes and why do I have to be cursed with this shoe obession?
It's not fair! Someone needs to start a 12 step program. I'll be the first one at the meetinglol

Hi, my name is Theresa and I'm a shoeaholic.

salome

New in Town
Hello all. I'm brand new here, as well as to vintage style of the 20's/30's/40's. :)

I just found these shoes on Hot Topic. I know the pattern is not very period, but I love this style:

999187_hi

Do you guys have any idea if this style of shoe has a name? The toe is more rounded and the vamp a bit higher than your normal pump, as well as the heel being a tad chunkier. I'd like to find these without the peep toe, if I can. I've seen them in the past, but lately all I an find is the peep toe variety.

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
salome said:
Hello all. I'm brand new here, as well as to vintage style of the 20's/30's/40's. :)

I just found these shoes on Hot Topic. I know the pattern is not very period, but I love this style:

999187_hi

Do you guys have any idea if this style of shoe has a name? The toe is more rounded and the vamp a bit higher than your normal pump, as well as the heel being a tad chunkier. I'd like to find these without the peep toe, if I can. I've seen them in the past, but lately all I an find is the peep toe variety.

I would say peep toe pump.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I have these in red:
22822360largeme4.jpg

And these:
806010po9.jpg

And I have ones just like these from GAP UK but in dark denim
shoes3ji0.jpg

As I work for Gap I used my 50% discount and got them for about £15 :) They make me feel super sassy

Blondie

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
I think these from Clarks look like an authentic 1940s style. I'm very tempted!

40sshoe.jpg

The following 3 are from Office -

These look a lot nicer in the flesh and would be nice for winter:

shoe3.jpg

These are cute and in the sale:

shoe2.jpg

These wedges are only £10, the heel should be higher though:

shoe4.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Clarks ones, they look so 40's........ i looked for them on the site here, but they must only be available in England, they are soooooooooooooooooo cute !

SarahLouise

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
On the subject of Clarks shoes have any of you ladies noticed that we have different shoes available over here in the UK to the ones that you have in the states?
These beauties are not available anywhere in the UK http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/p/7336787.html
And even the T-straps are different, the USA have a chunkier heel and I think that the stitching is prettier than the UK version.
So to illustrate my point these are the USA version called "Lena"
simg_t_tec1048344shoes_iaec1048344j.jpg

Whilst these are the UK version called "Apple Snow"
clk_applesnowoxblood.jpg

The pay off is that we do have these is patent purple now!! They don't have them online but they are selling them in the stores, one of my work collegues went into a frenzy when she saw the purple ones. I would love to get hold of those lovely peep toes that you have in the states in navy though!!!!!

P.S I LOVE your avatar SarahLouise!

That's odd, I agree that the US version looks nicer. Clarks have some great vintage inspired styles and they are so comfortable too. Oh and thanks about the avatar, it's Jayne Mansfield cooking a fry up ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld