Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Dehen/Settlemeiers Skull sweater project

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
That skull logo on the grey/black striped sleeve moto. How many do we have so far, please respond with IN so we can keep count. Hey it may be NEXT winter by the time we get it together but let's give it a go. Gav, any interest from other forums?

I am also considering asking local retailers (Langlitz and Orn Hansen are both within walking distance of my woodshop) if they want to part of our "buy in" For them it means not having to commit to the full order themselves but still being able to offer a cool piece to their customers.

Gav

Practically Family
We have six interested from the denimbro forum. If you could get retailers interested then we may be able to make it.

I used to draw tons of skulls like these. Like, hundreds. Wanted to paint one on my jacket but never did... They weren't particularly inspired anyway.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Its basically a jolly roger image that was "pirated" for sports use to give the team (usually rugby it seems) a fearsome image. The image Im thinking of using is the profile image as seen on the OP, the Japanese banner and the black zipneck sweater in this thread. Also happened to be used by some Pirate but that is unsubstantiated as almost zero evidence remains as to what jolly rogers actually looked like.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What I mean is, of the skull images in this discussion, can you post the one you intend to use,
perhaps along with the example striped sweater. I think if it's clear what people are buying,
they will be more likely to be "in". I've been following this thread from the start and am now
not sure what is being proposed.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 8.19.jpeg
IMG_3184-thumb-560x704-8076.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 8.19.jpeg

OK, If we can muster up enough interest we can order the black/grey sweater as shown with a custom made skull patch similar to the one shown on the flag. The cost would be $195 shipped CONUS. Worldwide shipping should't be much more as it will be in a shipping envelope/bag, not a box and the weight isn't much.

If you're interested please respond IN. I can also hold off until late summer so we have it for the next cold season as I don't know where Dehen is on their scheduling at this time. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.

Gav

Practically Family
That is the motorcycle sweater, not moto-jersey. Was this intentional?
Personally I think the skull at least should be white and possibly the stripes but...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Is there a moto jersey that is different from the moto sweater? I don't know what it looks like and can't find it online. It seems like this is sometimes labeled as a moto jersey

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Oh I see it now the jersey doesn't have the ribbed waistband. I couldn't tell the difference in the image because the black obscured the ribbing. I kinda like the sweater myself but could go either way. Also I think the skull image I mocked up is white but the image is shaded or something so it looks a bit darker. I was thinking white too.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
We can only order a stock item from their current offerings for a wholesale order. Not sure a button version is an option.

Fall delivery would be great, and possibly give us time to research other skulls. This one is a bit angry for my tastes. Fall would also give more time to get the numbers up. I think with the right patch this could be great...another vote for the jersey!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld