Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple questions on vintage denim jackets.

Mark_O

New in Town
Looking to purchase myself a couple denim jackets. One a sherpa lined and probably a unlined one.
Haven't tried on any vintage ones before so not sure how they'd fit. From reading online, seems the older levi's sherpa runs slim? Should I size up? I take a 46.

Mark_O

New in Town
Any thoughts on other brands like sears roebucks and wrangler? Found a sears jacket that I like the look of.
s-l1600.webp

Bennarion

One Too Many
Request a measurement from the seller and compare it with your matching jacket. This will be the most reliable way to buy.

Any thoughts on other brands like sears roebucks and wrangler? Found a sears jacket that I like the look of.
s-l1600.webp
If the size is right you simply can’t go wrong. Sears and Penny’s both had a range of western inspired clothing and they are leaps and bounds above the modern junk sold today. The denim is more substantial as are the Sherpa linings. The jacket in question is similar to my 70’s era wrange coat. It’s an essential winter piece for me.

IMG_6390.jpeg

Penny’s Western:
IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_8089.jpeg

And a later 70’s Sears western wear:
IMG_1752.jpeg

IMO best denim and suede pieces came from the 70’s. I would grab that Roebucks Sherpa jacket you posted in a heartbeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken