Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

mike

Call Me a Cab
reetpleat said:
Well, what do ya know. I considered offering the above mentioned size 36 here. But to be honest, I tend to think that most loungers can't, or won't pay top dollar or even close to it. Perhaps it is just that we know what things are worth and how to find a bargain. But I guess you prove my theory wrong. You don't have a little brother who wears a size 36 do ya?

Has anyone posted that pleated pocket, center pleated/back belted overcoat that ended last week? It was around a 38R or even a 36 maybe, and went for 200 bucks. Now THAT was a wild coat!! :eek:

I viewed the purchase as, I live in a primarily cold weather climate, I can wear this to work and out socially and I'll sell the two I have which are in nowhere as nice condition or quality as this one to help pay for the costs. Back-belted overcoats are where it's at in cold weather climates! And how often do they come around? Not often at all. I feel it's like collecting artwork.

And I don't think people will remember the Public Enemies coat in a few months. I saw the film, and I felt it was kinda forgettable even though I loved the look! It certainly was no Paper Moon!

mike

Call Me a Cab
anon` said:
Oh yeah, that's definitely a great coat, and I've love to have one like it. But that asking price was way too rich for me, even in good times. Someday, I suppose...

Mike, if you're serious, then I hope you enjoy it! I want to see pictures come winter ;)

lol Whaddayamean "If I'm serious" I paid for the frickin thing already, jeez louise! lol

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
anon` said:
... for anyone who thinks that evilBay's prices are ridiculously depressed at the moment, ...

Um ... how about this cashmere overcoat by Willian Fioravanti, America's 2nd most expensive tailor ($6,000 to $18,000)?

Check out the winning bid price:
Mens-OverCoat-Fioriavanti-38r-Navy-Cashmere-bld-M-2_W0QQitemZ360174089538QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear

mike said:
Has anyone posted that pleated pocket, center pleated/back belted overcoat that ended last week? It was around a 38R or even a 36 maybe, and went for 200 bucks. Now THAT was a wild coat!! :eek:

Here it is:
VTG-1930s-WOOL-MENS-OVERCOAT-DILLINGER-WOULD-BE-PROUD_W0QQitemZ270429841902QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Um ... how about this cashmere overcoat by Willian Fioravanti, America's 2nd most expensive tailor ($6,000 to $18,000)?

Check out the winning bid price:
Mens-OverCoat-Fioriavanti-38r-Navy-Cashmere-bld-M-2_W0QQitemZ360174089538QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear

Here it is:
VTG-1930s-WOOL-MENS-OVERCOAT-DILLINGER-WOULD-BE-PROUD_W0QQitemZ270429841902QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing

$20 shipping for an overcoat. That buyer got taken to the cleaners on that deal:)

mike

Call Me a Cab
reetpleat said:
When was the last time you saw one like that?

I can't say that I have, but considering what makes it stand apart is strictly the choice of different dyed material in certain areas.. well I wouldn't bid a fraction of the price on any sweatshirt, and I have little to no common sense or control of myself lol

Mind you, if I'm overlooking some element, please let me know! :)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
I can't say that I have, but considering what makes it stand apart is strictly the choice of different dyed material in certain areas.. well I wouldn't bid a fraction of the price on any sweatshirt, and I have little to no common sense or control of myself lol

Mind you, if I'm overlooking some element, please let me know! :)
Original Double V sweatshirts are rare. Two tone ones even more so. There is an abundance of GOOD repros out there though (I own a bunch), so I would say that this one is most certainly on it's way to Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld