Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

YETI

A-List Customer
a snappy pair o' shoes for that killer diller 30s suit...

and a steal too! I would have paid double a year ago for these shoes :eusa_doh:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380121478418
43a6_1.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Those shoes

YETI said:
and a steal too! I would have paid double a year ago for these shoes

As I paid the paypal bill this morning I was thinking the same thing!:D :D :D :p :p

Are they 1930s ? I suspect they are Crosby Square brand ...any opinions?

YETI

A-List Customer
cookie said:
As I paid the paypal bill this morning I was thinking the same thing!:D :D :D :p :p

Are they 1930s ? I suspect they are Crosby Square brand ...any opinions?
you lucked out cuz I was gonna bid $125.99... ;)

they quite possibly could be Crosby Square shoes from the 30s [huh]

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Well, they are spade soles, and in a decent size. Those things always go for $$$.

Were I the seller, I would have had a friend try them on until I could give the exact size, and also, assuming the condition was good, given more detail on how indented the inside leather sole was and overall condition.

Am I the only seller that addresses toe indentation on shoes?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
reetpleat said:
I thought I was doing well with my bid of $102.50 I guess not all ebay items are going for much less.

If I could have tried them on or verified they were an 8 1/2 C or d, I might have bid more. that and he doesn't really say much about the condition. Pretty fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=150344477713

With 3.75 inches inside they would have to be at least a D and maybe E.

reetpleat said:
Am I the only seller that addresses toe indentation on shoes?

The short answer is yes though what you say is very important. But in over 100 pairs of preloved shoes I have bought maybe 2 have that problem. Shoes that have that problem would be pretty clapped and unsaleable. If you know you inside measurements (within a tolerance) you are sweet to go. You should not have been so cautious. Most 40s shoes I have bought seem to have been worn to Church on Sunday...the biggest problem is dryness and tearing. Some have so little wear it is impossible to believe they have been worn more than 20 times..

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I see tons of shoes in the thrift store that are all indented to fit the foot. Same with new allen edmunds. Maybe I am pickier, but I don't like them unless they have only the slightest bit, but maybe others would find them already broken, worn in.

Of course, if they are spectators or nice vintage I may pick them up anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe