Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

COLOR photos Evil Clowns 1946

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
J.B. said:
coulrophobia (fear of clowns) :rage:
clinophobia (fear of going to bed) :eek:
phagophobia (fear of being eaten) :D

So I have phagoclinocoulrophobia?

Hepcat, I don't know what makes you think those cute little blonde haired clowns are any less evil than some other clown.

Wild Root

Gone Home
My self, I never really cared for clowns as a kid or now but, the old ones in cartoons or in old movies are Hilarious! The clowns from the 20’s = scary! The clowns from the 30’s= scary! The clowns from the 40’s, funny! Now, there is a fine line between scary clowns and funny clowns… any one remember the colored ice cream cones in supermarkets in the 70’s and 80’s? They had an old fashioned clown image on the box… scary! But, something about clowns in the old cartoons… funny! I have a friend that loves clowns… he has a few clown dolls from the 30’s and 40’s… they’re kind of on the scary side! He has them sitting in corners of his room and they’re all dusty… they’re scary!

The clowns in the first photo I didn’t find very scary… the kid looks like he’s laughing but, it’s hard to tell since we can’t see his face very well. The Jell-O clown is FUNNY!!! I bet there were some brats kicking that guy in the rear when he wasn’t looking! Poor guy!

=WR=

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Mr. Jason said:
So I have phagoclinocoulrophobia?

Isn't that a Parliament/Funkadelic song?

Mr. Jason said:
Hepcat, I don't know what makes you think those cute little blonde haired clowns are any less evil than some other clown.

touche'

Senator Jack: fascinating post.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Related topic - not really off-topic

I'm fine with clowns, but there's something freaky about ventriloquist dolls. Koop Kooper's got this obsession with getting hold of a Charlie McCarthy doll, and he reckons next time I'm in his neck of the woods and and my family is staying at his place, he's going to leave the doll in my room!

You know how they look like little people . . . it's creepy, man, creepy! I mean, they can be funny, but I saw a show on television once and the whole act creeped me out, like the doll was evil. Well, the ventriloquist was evil, but of course he did it through the doll. You know what I mean! lol

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Benny Holiday said:
...obsession with getting hold of a Charlie McCarthy doll, and he reckons next time I'm in his neck of the woods and and my family is staying at his place, he's going to leave the doll in my room!

You know how they look like little people . . . it's creepy, man, creepy!

Just looked on Amazon, they're selling Charlie McCarthy repros, ran across this product review, made me think of your post...
------------------
B00004T95V.01._PE11_OU01_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

5 stars FUN BUT SCARY, July 18, 2005
A Kid's Review

this thing is cool i liked it until i blew it up heres the story one night i was sleeping then at like around 2 in the morning i saw the dummy i put him in the closet but i left the door open i was to tired to think i thought it was alive because it was staring at me with a frekey smlie so i took my pistol pellet gun at shot him 9 times in his cheast i had to throw him away because he had bullet pellet holes in him but over all i had fun with him BE AWARE CLOSE YOUR CLOSET BECUASE YOU NEVER KNOW IT COULD BE POSSEST!
-----------------

count me out on the clowns and ventriloquist dolls...
- Cousin Hepcat

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
See! I knew I wasn't alone!

Thanks Cousin Hepcat! Yeah, I'd be freaked out if I had a ventriloquist dummy staring out at me from my closet for sure!

J.B.

Practically Family
Cousin Hepcat said:
Just looked on Amazon, they're selling Charlie McCarthy repros, ran across this product review.....

...5 stars FUN BUT SCARY, July 18, 2005
A Kid's Review

this thing is cool i liked it until i blew it up heres the story one night i was sleeping then at like around 2 in the morning i saw the dummy i put him in the closet but i left the door open i was to tired to think i thought it was alive because it was staring at me with a frekey smlie so i took my pistol pellet gun at shot him 9 times in his cheast i had to throw him away because he had bullet pellet holes in him but over all i had fun with him BE AWARE CLOSE YOUR CLOSET BECUASE YOU NEVER KNOW IT COULD BE POSSEST!...

Ooooof! Good thing he shot the dummy!...

...Now maybe the kid will be able to retrieve his spell-checker from the closet?! :)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Benny Holiday said:
Yeah, I'd be freaked out if I had a ventriloquist dummy staring out at me from my closet for sure!

I'm freaked out by that kid's mangled English and spelling mistakes.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Clowns are an insidious mechanism of social control. They instill in young children the idea that their natural reactions to unpleasant or fear-inducing experiences are wrong and something to be ashamed of, and that intimidating people mean well and one should submit to them.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Rock the Clowns!

Scary Clowns? Balderdash! :p

Clowns have nothing on these guys!
:eek:
hoffman_kiss77.JPG
marilyn_manson.jpg
Alice_Cooper.jpg

Talk about your insidious mechanisms for societal unrest. :eek:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Just to creep out those of you who are not fans of clowns, this is one of my favorite really, really bad movies; Killer Klowns from Outer Space. The movie comes complete with a clown-themed ice cream truck, a Big Top-shaped flying saucer, acid-based cream pies, cotton candy guns, and popcorn that comes to life and eats people. :p

Enjoy.

Lee

Send in the clowns. . . .

pretty faythe

One Too Many
After you've seeen the rockers outta their makeup, they lose any scary points they may have had. Kiss, never did think they were scary, Alice...he is just nuts, plus seen him in the role of the loving fatherm Marilyn he is just wierd...plus saw him in a movie without the make up, very geekish without it, kinda paul ruebens to me.

To me, its more the clown dolls that are creepy....they resemble the versions of Pennywise and that Jello Clown(the feet scare me) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe