Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chinese leather jackets

Motocann

One Too Many
This is the Chinese leather jackets thread. We know these aren't the highest quality.

I have owned some very high quality jackets. I have eaten Michelin star meals and I also eat fast food. Can we just stop having these debates?
Not a debate. People just having a discussion. I’m always interested in others buying experiences with various leather jackets. For better or worse…

Gerald Parel

New in Town
A bit too soon to do a full review of my experience with "Crush On Retro", but I did receive a jacket this week.
The staff (Jimmy) does really care about sending the right size and thoroughly asks for specifics and explains the options you get from measurements, height and weight. That's very positive!
The jacket arrived also pretty fast, less than 2 weeks after it was actually shipped.
The jacket itself has a really nice cut, I mean really nice. It is very flattering, it has room where it should and gets trimmed in strategic areas, wrists and hips.
If it wasn't for "Jimmy's" advices I would have bought a jacket that's 2 sizes 2 big!
Now the aforementioned smell is real. The thing reeks chemical and it's barely bearable! It hangs now for 3 days after some baking soda treatment, but it stills smells like (chemical) death. It does get better though but damn!
The horsehide leather is quite thin for what I am used to, but stiff as expected. Texture feels a bit odd and definitely needs conditioning and care.
Let's see how it evolves in the next weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246