Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check Out Aero USA's New Prices!

Jedburgh

New in Town
Smithy said:
I'm a bit perplexed by some people's reactions here. Aero isn't a charity, they are a business with overheads and expenses and their main aim (as a business and to remain solvent) is to make a profit. Aero haven't had a price hike in quite some time and it is to be expected that they have to raise their prices over time.

I really can't understand these people who have their hearts set on such-and-such Aero jacket going "well that's it, I won't be buying that!" Honestly if you had enough to pay the price of a jacket a week ago, can't you have the sense to wait another month or two to save the money to cover the price hike? And if you honestly financially can't, then perhaps you were over-stretching your finances even before the price increase.

I have my eyes on an Aero Cheyenne. Will the price rise stop me buying it? No, but I might have to put aside the pennies for another couple of months.

Nicely said.

J

s_crumb

Familiar Face
Businesses can absolutely set their prices at whatever level they want. Prices go up based on alot of factors. In my case there is a limit to what I am willing to spend on something like a leather jacket. It was already above my limit, but because of their reputation I was willing to stretch that limit. Now that the price has increased I can't justify that amount of money on something as trivial as a leather jacket. That amount of money could be spent on any number of things other than a jacket. We all have our limits. I'm just disappointed that I was too late in discovering Aero. Based off of what I hear others saying about the quality of the jacket I'm sure they are still a good deal.

Smithy said:
I'm a bit perplexed by some people's reactions here. Aero isn't a charity, they are a business with overheads and expenses and their main aim (as a business and to remain solvent) is to make a profit. Aero haven't had a price hike in quite some time and it is to be expected that they have to raise their prices over time.

I really can't understand these people who have their hearts set on such-and-such Aero jacket going "well that's it, I won't be buying that!" Honestly if you had enough to pay the price of a jacket a week ago, can't you have the sense to wait another month or two to save the money to cover the price hike? And if you honestly financially can't, then perhaps you were over-stretching your finances even before the price increase.

I have my eyes on an Aero Cheyenne. Will the price rise stop me buying it? No, but I might have to put aside the pennies for another couple of months.

Paden

Vendor
I do not understand the dicussion.
Everybody is talking about the price.
Compare the price to the quality and you will see, a lot of populare brands are
taking more money for less quality.
What is the problem?
Sorry,but the dicussion about the price is stupid, better talk about quality.
If Aero wants, they can sell the brand name and the brand will go the same way like belstaff.
Is that, what you want?
I can t believe that.
Seems that somebody do not understand the philosopy of the company.
And buy the way, if Will has to pay 25% more for FQH from Horween, should he
pay less the makers in the company??
Very, very strange dicussion.
From my view, the timetable was not very smart, normaly there should be a gap of 30 days and a newsletter to the customers with a short descibition about the situation.
But this is AERO, too, because they are not IBM or MS.
It is a two man show, and believe me, I would not change my job with Amandas or Wills job.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
s_crumb said:
I'm just disappointed that I was too late in discovering Aero. Based off of what I hear others saying about the quality of the jacket I'm sure they are still a good deal.

But you're not too late. They still make great jackets. ;)

RLM

Familiar Face
Smithy said:

I agree with you that Aero isn't a charity and they have the right to adjust their prices as they see fit. But some people have a certain limit they are willing to spend for something and if the price crosses that limit, then they either have to adjust their limit or look elsewhere. Its not always a question of "Can I afford it?" but more "Am I willing to spend that much?". I could afford a Porsche 911 super duper twin turbo with all the bells and whistles, but am not willing to pay that kind of money for a car. That could just as easily be said for the cost of a jacket. I got in just under the wire on the price increase. Had I waited, then I would have seriously had to question if I wanted to pay the new price.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
RLM said:
I agree with you that Aero isn't a charity and they have the right to adjust their prices as they see fit. But some people have a certain limit they are willing to spend for something and if the price crosses that limit, then they either have to adjust their limit or look elsewhere. Its not always a question of "Can I afford it?" but more "Am I willing to spend that much?". I could afford a Porsche 911 super duper twin turbo with all the bells and whistles, but am not willing to pay that kind of money for a car. That could just as easily be said for the cost of a jacket. I got in just under the wire on the price increase. Had I waited, then I would have seriously had to question if I wanted to pay the new price.

For what it's worth, for anyone who feels like the price is too high, there is always the secondhand market. You won't be getting a custom made fit, but you don't get that with most jackets anyway.

I completely understand those that say that the new prices are more than they are willing to pay - my wife still thinks I'm crazy for what I've paid for my Aeros. However, I have been blown away by their quality and customer service (Mark Moye is fantastic to work with).

Truth be told, I was surprised that their prices weren't higher already - there are a lot jackets out there selling for over $1000 and up (and up, and up) that are a shadow of what an Aero is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld