Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Thank you...

Hopefully you both are also still sticking to it, and not sticking it to this thread. :D

I'm going to hide under my covers and maybe watch TV, I think.

Good-night.*

*I'm totally square, LD, going to bed before 9:30 on a Saturday night!

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
Yuck. I'm hungry.

But I'm sticking to it.

If crying burns calories, imagine how many calories all that reading, quoting, and typing responses to crybabies like me must burn :D

Somehow *H2O* I made it through the game.

Maybe because I was so hyper-aware of the impulse to eat, I noticed something interesting:
there are lots of ads with spectacular pictures of foods that
looks waaaaay juicier and tastier they do in real life
being broadcast during prime time on television.
Lots and lots of ads!
If it's not cars, it's food being advertised.
AND
in my unscientific tally during the game last night, food ads exceeded the ones for cars by almost three to one.

Maybe that's another reason why not eating after seven is so hard for me: I am usually watching some prime time show and subliminally taking in all those messages about enjoying food.
That might even be a significant contributory cause to many American being obese!
Isn't there some sort of conventional wisdom that says do not eat in front of the television?

*when in doubt, blame Madison Avenue :D *

carter

I'll Lock Up
Maybe that's another reason why not eating after seven is so hard for me: I am usually watching some prime time show and subliminally taking in all those messages about enjoying food.
That might even be a significant contributory cause to many American being obese!
Isn't there some sort of conventional wisdom that says do not eat in front of the television?

Let's hear it for TIVO! I usually record stuff I want to watch and zip past the commercials when viewing later. Even in the evening, I'm usually a day or two behind the broadcast schedule. Also, try watching DVD or VHS movies in the evening. If they're really boring, you'll probably go to sleep earlier. Or, you could just spend more time on the FL. :) :) :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
this is tough for me because i work 10 hour shifts and don't get home til 8:30 in the evening.I eat lightly through the day and when i get home i am starved!So I just wander from the fridge... to the cupboard... to the freezer all evening.I am also pretty tired by then and good judgement goes right out the window.I know this is very bad for you and i am trying...but if there are potato chips in the house especially.....oh,I am such a weakling!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Day 2 and it's so hard right now! I think I'm just gonna go to bed and hopefully just fall asleep. It doesn't help that I already went over my calorie limit today. Oh well.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Leading Edge
Please refer to this FL thread. *big *
lol

L'edge, You just gotta tell me how to do that. I referred, I posted, I returned to the scene of the crime. Have a swell Sunday! :D
DMW! Carter

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I think if I take an evening job this will be easier, like, say, driving a cab. Then I can curse and drive crazy-like and I'll be out of the house not thinking about FOOD.

I'm still at it.

Travis

Suspended
PrettySquareGal said:
I think if I take an evening job this will be easier, like, say, driving a cab. Then I can curse and drive crazy-like and I'll be out of the house not thinking about FOOD.

I'm still at it.

You can do it. Just keep a positive mind.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I made it, and for the first time in a very VERY long time, I slept the night through without waking up to check the time ONCE! In fact, when I did wake up I expected it to be just a couple hours after going to bed. It was, in fact, time to get up! :D

I may grow to like this. A few hours of discomfort that's just appetitive, not hunger, in exchange for a good night's rest seems like a good deal.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The longer you stick with this program the easier it will get. Hang in there. It sounds like you're having positive results already.

Where's my coffee? lol

ChezPez

New in Town
I think I better join too. I try to stay away from 'dieting' nowadays, but this just seems a good idea in general because I end up getting horrible sleep when I eat before bedtime.

This should be interesting, because I'm also trying to quit fake sweeteners too. I feel so bad for my friends and family this week...

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
The prize is going to be the fact that you all lost a few pounds and are cutting out the junk food snacks before bed.

Way to go everyone!

PrettySquareGal said:
I haven't yet worked out all of the fine print about the prize, eligibility, any gift tax considerations, etc ;) but I suspect you are still eligible. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by (no, not PA Dancer) ChezPez
I think I better join too. I try to stay away from 'dieting' nowadays, but this just seems a good idea in general because I end up getting horrible sleep when I eat before bedtime.

Think of this as a lifestyle adjustment rather than a diet. :D

Vacation next week should be interesting. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe