Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cardigans for casual gentlemen

filfoster

One Too Many
How about this one from Sundance then Scotty?
52205.jpg

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/code/52205.do

Cheers!

Dan

We're getting dangerously close to "the Dude", or "el Duderino", if you're not into the whole brevity thing....here.
I bought a couple of those Pendleton sweaters for Lebowskifest-the correct color/pattern ones. Not cheap but really comfortable. Shawl collars are great in a draughty house.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Daniel, Ive seen many of this style of sweater for years and years. Starsky's sweater has a certain look to it - the heft, pattern, etc, that is hard to replicate in my eyes. I had a hard time finding one when the show was on the air in the mid-70s.

clay_in_nj

New in Town
I'm planning to make something like this for cool mornings and evenings around the house. I also plan on doing a hip-length, buttoned smoking jacket. Sunday morning, coffee and paper, the terrycloth bathrobe just doesn't do it and I feel shabby in a pullover sweatshirt or hoodie.
22Y8NW0oat.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
How about sleeveless cardigans? I often wear a sleeveless cardigan at work because it's frequently a little chilly at my desk. I prefer cardigans to pullovers because you can regulate your temperature a lot easier, simple by unbuttoning. Makes a good, if more informal, alternative to a vest.
BTW, that Paul Frederick shawl collar cardigan is on sale now for only $29.95.
http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/PFLP.aspx?freetext=clear&app=40&page=1#sf

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
How about sleeveless cardigans? I often wear a sleeveless cardigan at work because it's frequently a little chilly at my desk. I prefer cardigans to pullovers because you can regulate your temperature a lot easier, simple by unbuttoning. Makes a good, if more informal, alternative to a vest.
BTW, that Paul Frederick shawl collar cardigan is on sale now for only $29.95.
http://www.paulfredrick.com/Catalog/PFLP.aspx?freetext=clear&app=40&page=1#sf

Yes that is a very good point about sleeveless cardigans. Air Con offices especially can be rather cold, even when it's hot outside. Rgds Steve.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a cardigan, but check out out this ad from a 1922 Montgomery Ward catalog, courtesy of the Riveted blog:

DSC03718.jpg

*drool*

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like shawl collar sweaters are back this year. I'm already seeing them in the stores. I got a couple of great ones on clearance from Lucky Brand that I can't wait to wear.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Looks like shawl collar sweaters are back this year. I'm already seeing them in the stores. I got a couple of great ones on clearance from Lucky Brand that I can't wait to wear.

Yes it's interesting how fashions come around again and in many cases the fashions and natural fabrics of yesteryear are much better than those of today. I much prefer wool to man made fibres in sweaters for example and don't like fleeces at all. Rgds Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe