Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Sports Shoes

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
M

More old pics.
26girlsbasketball-vi.jpg

21seniorbasketballteam-vi.jpg

airfrogusmc

Suspended
46 All Stars

Thanks Matt for the heads up on the 1946 Chuck Ts.
I thought I'd post some photos of the ones I just bought in case someone was interested in seeing some better photos before maybe buying a pair.
22A_0053.jpg
25A_0056.jpg

33A_0064.jpg

29A_0060.jpg

28A_0059.jpg

26A_0057.jpg

I've been wearing them for a few days now and they are better made than current All Stars. These seem to fit about the same as modern Chucks maybe a bit larger. They are very comfortable and go well with jeans or khakis.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Froggy...

So what's the big diff between the current Chucks and those? I can see from the pics a different lining, sole, and toe bumper...but for all intents and purposes the remain the same as the ones I got at Foot Locker last year.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I reckon...

I wore All Star High Tops for as long as I can remember. Mom would buy us boys a new pair every August for gym every school year. We wore uniforms to school, but after school on whent the Chucks. We called them Fishheads.

I still wear them, and was really saddened when they made the move to have them made over seas. No more Made in USA little rubber tag on the heel. My current pair was made in Viet Nam, of all places.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Yeah I've been wear'n em since I was a kid to. When I found out Converse was going bankrupt I bought 6 pairs in my size from a local shoe store. I paid like $22.00 a pair for them. 2 black, 2 American flag a red and a blue pair. I still have a pair of the flag Chucks in the box. All he had in my size. At the time I didn't know Nike was going to buy them.
I wish the made the 46s in black. I talked to the folks at Converse and they said the were going to be stocking up for the holidays and should have all the colors blue, red and parchment in time for Christmas.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got my 46 repro Converse today (thanks Matt), and I love them. I had to get an 11, and I am a 12 and they FIT! Some testamonials I read online said they ran a whole size larger, so I took a chance, and I'm glad I did!
The funny thing is, I have several pairs of real vintage sneakers (PF Flyers, Red Ball Jets, etc) that I am afraid to wear very often, so I am buying repros. But now the repros are becoming as limited and scarce as the originals!!
flat-top

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
the real question is...

Who got the sneakers that were on e-bay that flat-top linked last month?
It had to be one of us. If so, how were they?

The Wolf

cneil

Familiar Face
Converse and Keds

When I was a little kid
There where only 2 brands of sinkers
Converse and Keds
Converse the more prized of the two.
Also there where few options, you could choice Black or you could chose white.
The 3rd. big decisions was High top or low cut, and that was it.
Boy, Has the World grown so much more complex since then.
I always went against the grain. I got Blue Canvases deck shoes. I thought they looked better and where more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe