Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camp Moccasins

Been wearing camp "Mocs" for years,have been through 3pairs of LLBeans,when they were made in USA.3pairs of the famous Russell Oneidas.Last summer my wife and I were at the Brimfield antiques fair in Mass.25 years ago I purchased a belt from a Moccasin store in Sturbridge,it was made my a guy Pelkey.At that time he told me that I would own the belt for a good 25yrs.It was true! I had it on that day when we went into his shop for me to purchase another.I had on a pair of Quoddy moc`s thaat day and saw that he made handmade camp moc`s,similar to Russell type.I had to have a pair being ALL hand made with the finest english hide you can buy.I was asked how long we would be staying, 2 more days I replied.He measured my foot and said they would be ready the next day.I picked them up an WOW what a pair of handmade moc`s.They fit like a glove no socks mind you.These people are few and far between " Craftsman".If you Google Pelkey Moccasin you will find him.Its wonderful to own handmade shoes,knives,etc.He also makes belts,game bags for you upland game hunters and simple style pocket books.Give the web a look see.You will enjoy.Brian

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
I just looked for Pelkey Moccasins. Looks like the website is no more. I found a phone number and will try and call next week. What's the word on Quoddy? They look nice but damn expensive.

I'm looking for a leather soled moccasin. I'm basically looking for a house slipper capable of brief walks outdoors. I like the idea of getting a leather moc that will last me a good long time and fit better with time. My particular taste is that they not have the collar lace. Anyone have recommendations?

The Quoddy Dawson looks like a great shoe. I'm wondering if I could ask them to make it w/o the collar lace.

The Russell Oneida looks nice too. I think its less likely I can customize with Russell.

The Russell Sheepskin moc would also be good w/o the sheepskin.

Anyone have recommendations? Especially custom makers...

Thanks

Alexi

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
I have Lace Boots & they are not house slipper type moccs...

hmm i figured as this is the outerwear section he is not looking for house slippers

Alexi

One of the Regulars
the way they are made is basically the same so the offer still stands if you want to see some in person

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe