Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Call a priest, I think I just died laughing

Qinhan

Familiar Face
The sad thing is some unsuspecting buyer might just believe the description and end up paying a ridiculously inflated price for that jacket.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I saw an Avirex jacket there done up in much the same hokey way and touted by the seller as being some sort of authentic war relic. Seems like it would be obvious to even the most uninformed. [huh] But I felt compelled to message him and set matters straight. He removed the listing the next day,...realizing that the jig was up maybe, or maybe he really believed it was the real deal? I dunno.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely hilarious!

Reminds me of still the funniest thing I ever saw on eBay - some chap trying to sell a chair leg as the control column from a Sopwith Camel ;-)

J.W.

A-List Customer
Again, one of those ebay-sites you can't access from Germany:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Happens to me ever so often that I almost feel like I'm living in China.

mattfink

Practically Family
No worries, most people that would be stupid enough to buy this could have the $350 to do it with.

dr greg

One Too Many
Again, one of those ebay-sites you can't access from Germany:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Happens to me ever so often that I almost feel like I'm living in China.
That's odd i can access ebay.de no problem, maybe just go to Ebay australia and search from there?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
You see, back in 1942 they had these really neat TIME MACHINE CAMERAS that took pictures of people after the war that was then raging. And magically applied the image to cloth.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I sent him a message about it, it's just too gross, and if the listing doesn't change I'll report it.

You better watch out! I once informed a seller from the German Ebay who sold a hat and a suit (two auctions) that his listings were wrong. He advertised both the hat and the suit as genuinely 30's and asked big bucks for them but the hat was from the 80's or later and the suit was definitely 70's poly stuff. He told me to mind my own f.....g business plus a few more rather choice things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe