Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cafe racer -- collar comfort

lina

One Too Many
I've always been a regular-collar guy in my jackets, but am just recently thinking of getting a cafe racer. But I keep thinking that the collar and/or the snap is going to be sticking in my neck in an uncomfortable way. Am I wrong about that, for those of you that wear them..? Or anyone have experience with one brand being more or less comfy than another..?

SJC

Suspended
I've always been a regular-collar guy in my jackets, but am just recently thinking of getting a cafe racer. But I keep thinking that the collar and/or the snap is going to be sticking in my neck in an uncomfortable way. Am I wrong about that, for those of you that wear them..? Or anyone have experience with one brand being more or less comfy than another..?
I just bought a lambskin café racer fom Neiman Marcus and I thought the same thing about the button pressing into your Adam's apple. I have no complaints, I love them.

Peacoat

Bartender
Snap won't be a problem, nor will the collar. If you ride, the collar occasionally will hang on the chin strap of the helmet, but so will a regular collar.

Ask Monitor as he is the business with with the cafe racer collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld