Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cads on the subway

Elaina

One Too Many
One thing to take from this thread, however, is not lowering yourself to the behavior of other people.

While I have doors held open for me more often then not, both as a product of my region and gender, I do hold open doors for other people, or hold them for a man (and women, to be honest) to catch (sorry, it is acceptably polite to do that). Yesterday kid and I went to lunch, and while he held open the door for a man with a cane and not me, we don't really ignore a man needing it, or letting it slam into his face because he happens to be a man. When discussing it on here, I don't bother going into the other side of the coin on discussions because I was also brought up that if you do these things for a man, it's also hard for him to accept he needed it, and it is far kinder, and therefore politer, to ignore it happened, hence why my son held the door for the elderly gentleman.

Rudeness isn't limited to social class, addiction status or gender, or really where you are.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
C-dot said:
Exactly - it just manifests in different ways, depending on those factors, IMHO.

May manifest itself in different ways, but, result is always the same: unnecessary infliction of hurtful behavior....:(

What I find striking is that sometimes even those who consider themselves "well-bred" will not simply apologize once they are put on notice of thier transgression. Very creepy.shakeshead

How far a few kind words will go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe