Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BURGER KING poster from around 1957 era

green papaya

One Too Many
burger-king-whopper-1960.jpg

1957: The Whopper is launched

the poster must date from around 1957 when the Whopper was invented

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It would never have occurred to me to use "nutritious" and Burger King in the same sentence. Cardboard maybe, but nutritious, never!

Still, it is a fun poster ... ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
What's interesting is the pitch --- "A meal in itself!" The idea of something so enormous as a 1/4 pound hamburger was so unusual at the time that it had to be pitched this way to make it seem less extravagant -- you wouldn't have to buy any side dishes to round out the meal, the sandwich itself would do.

The usual hamburger sandwich at the time was 1/8 pound, although you could get double-deck sandwiches like the Big Boy which contained two 1/8 pound patties. Nowadays, you're a piker if you settle for a mere 1/4 pound -- 1/3 or 1/2 pound is increasingly the norm.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Binkie, I tried to listen to hungry jack, but he was so boring, he didn't even talk about the hamburgers. Just shoot me. :eusa_doh:

Now Burger King on the Other hand, I love whopper Wednesdays. I can down, roughly 2,1/2, 3 whoppers on a good day. :D

It used to be, 10 bucks cdn for a daily combo and, a pack of cancer sticks (cigarettes) :p

Oh yeah, almost forgot, we got a good place run by some Greek guys, they got they best Burgers ever. They have the Sumo Burger! You can either eat the frys or eat the burger, but most people can't finish both.

They filmed a Gangster film there too, called "Tom and Jerry"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82