Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Budget Cafe Racer.

Edward

Bartender
No, that's never happened here ever. Nothing to see here, move along... ;)

Not a bad looking jacket overall, evne if the website doesn't make it seem very appealing (I found it very irritating having to scroll down so far to find any content). The model photos are certainly not a look I'd ape nowadays. Reminiscent of DeeDee Ramone in the early days (the brudders certainly didn't always wear Schott early on; it was even a good few years before they even all settled on the Perfecto style. From memory, DeeDee is still wearing a cafe racer on the iconic cover of the first album). not sure it's such a good way to market it, but then if their target market is more Shoreditch than Fedora Lounge, this would be the look all the kids are after.

The details, as a design, look to be a fairly good representation of the breed. The double buckles are more characteristic of Sixties and Seventies jackets than the stuff we tend to favour round here. (If memory serves, Lewis introduced the double buckle in their jackets with the Lightening, some time in the early-mid Sixties). If I was looking for a cafe racer, I'd be considering something like an Aero Boardracer these days, but that said if these are a nice jacket I can see them having a place. If I hadn't found a good deal on a used Schott, I was recently looking into buying something along these lines for a Perfecto type. I felt the need to own that style of a jacket but didn't want to spend the big money on something that will get much less wear than one of my halfbelts; something good but "entry level" would have met my needs. You need to look a little harder and look at specific jackets sometimes, but there are nice jackets at that end of the market. It might well be a sound option for somebody on a tight budget, or someone younger (I'd rarely advise anyone of eighteen or thereabouts to spend the big bucks on a jacket they might well grow out of in a few years' time). I'd be very surprised if it was of the level of a Lewis or such, albeit that whether the improvements a premium jacket can offer given the sginificant upcharge are worth it will always be subjective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe