Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Harris Tweed jacket, size 42

Gamma68

One Too Many
BROOKS BROTHERS HARRIS TWEED
Made in Italy
Herringbone pattern with windowpane overlay and handsome colors
Tagged 42R, please see measurements

The colors in this tweed are instantly striking. From a short distance, the jacket appears to be a straightforward herringbone. Step closer and a thistle and gorse windowpane pattern emerges. Examine the cloth closely, and a whole world of colors opens up, thick as a Scottish meadow. (Click on the photos for close-up shots. But note my camera does not do this cloth justice!)

Simply put, this cloth represents the best contemporary Harris Tweed weaving you'll find.

Two-button front with leather football buttons, fully-lined with three interior pockets. Single vent, subtle darts. The shoulders are contemporary but without linebacker padding. Four buttons on one sleeve and two on the other. I can't account for this but you could always move one to the other side to balance it off, or remove two from the left sleeve to create very Trad two-button cuffs (and have two left as spares).

No holes, stains, odors or other flaws.

Tagged 42R, but please see actual measurements below for best fit.

Shoulders: 19"
Chest: 22"
Sleeve: 22" (+3" for lengthening)
Length from bottom of collar: 30.25"

Asking $55 CONUS
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Last edited:

Kuro

Practically Family
Very nice color. Wish I could have this fabric in a vest. That would be sublime...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken