Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bowler resizing advice

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hello all!

About a year or so ago I had bought a Herbert Johnson bowler derby off of that well known auction site. What I got was a tad too small for my knoggin. Oddly enough I found out that a 6 7/8 doesn't fit too well on a 7 3/8 head. So what I would like to know is, can it be stretched without a load of distortion or is that just a lost cause? Anyway, I would love to hear anyones input on this subject, especially our custom hat makers, and anyone who has had any experience with something similat to this. Thanks for your advice gang and have a great day.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That's what I thought.:( Thanks Matt. I've been looking for one on "E" but if I find my size I usually get hosed at the final bid. Must be plenty of bowler lovers out there to have such bidding wars out there.[huh]

Cheers!

Dan

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If that bowler is anything like mine, just shove it down on your head and it'll resize your skull. lol

My #2 bowler measures 22" around. If you're going for a 1920s look, they wore their hats higher on their heads back then, going by pictures several members here have kindly shared.

Here's how it fits on my head. I'm about halfway between a 7-3/8 and a 7-1/2. PM me if you're interested.

(Click the thumbnail for a larger image)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally