Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
another hat i haven't really posted.
It's got a ribbon treatment I really like; it's very thin, but not done like an open road or stratoliner. It's completely straight and flat, with the center tie, like on most normal ribbons, only it's also thin.
so- would you say '50's? earlier?

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I love how soft the felt on this thing is.
I can bash it any way i feel for a particular day, and it'll always pop back with no marks.

The Borsalino Code!

Outstanding Borsalino!

There was something about paper lables or tags under the sweatband that had "The Borsalino Code" on it. Some speculation as the either a style of date code.

moustache

Practically Family
Browns are splendid!!!

I love the colour and ribbon both!!!I' have been searching for a Borsa like that but in a 6-7/8 and a little lower crown.
Great hat for you.Looks good!

JD

BigSho

Vendor
Those numbers are the numbers Borsalino will use if you wanted to have the hat made in present day. I am not sure what they mean exactly but if a vendor wanted to have that exact hat made they would give those numbers to Borsalino and they would make it. And yes it is a fine looking hat on you.

Jeremy
http://www.hats-plus.com

thetankw/ahat

Familiar Face
i bet if you called up the store (if thats even possible.) and give them the code they could tell you the date it was made. just a thought

ideaguy

One Too Many
Great hat! Thanks for posting that photo-I get a better picture in my head of
exactly what I want for a custom hat by looking at prime examples like yours-if you don't mind, I'm going to store the photo in my archives for reference-lucky you, and great eyes!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe