Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Trilby dating help needed!!!

paratroopertim

New in Town
10443543_911515452226643_1141408642935907343_n.jpg
11012152_911515462226642_7738384867628951269_n.jpg
I need some help on dating my Borsalino I just bought. I am just getting into upscale hats and I was also wondering what type of felt this hat is composed of. I cannot seem to find the octagonal box this hat came in anywhere. I have seen the same graphic but a oval or round box only. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

paratroopertim

New in Town
Thanks hats and besdor, Im just not sure yet. The liner doesn't match any 60s hats I have came across or researched. Nobody can find the box that it has remained in for decades. I truelly appreciate the info and knowledge that's sent my way, I really still have no trusted reference to go by. Serial number conclusions are a dead end because I have seen hats from the 30s that have #s starting with 50s and 60s. The octagonal box with the same graphics is basically non existant. If someone can find the home of the hat [the box} I will give them a reward of 6 hay pennies and a 1916 d mercury dime.

I'd still put my money on Besdor's timeline. Not many people in the world have the loooooonng term perspective of Borsa retailing that he does. How many years (or generations) selling those lids, Steve?

Thanks hats and besdor, Im just not sure yet. The liner doesn't match any 60s hats I have came across or researched. Nobody can find the box that it has remained in for decades. I truelly appreciate the info and knowledge that's sent my way, I really still have no trusted reference to go by. Serial number conclusions are a dead end because I have seen hats from the 30s that have #s starting with 50s and 60s. The octagonal box with the same graphics is basically non existant. If someone can find the home of the hat [the box} I will give them a reward of 6 hay pennies and a 1916 d mercury dime.

As mentioned this hat is probably mid to late 60s early 1970s. Please checkout this thread. It's also the best place for follow-up questions.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?13133-The-BORSALINO-BROTHERHOOD&highlight=borsalino

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82