Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Pocket Hat

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
This one's light as a feather, and shapes so well. It has a 5 point bash, and a pleated ribbon. Hefty brim curl in the rear. Overwelt with stitching that does not go through the bottom of the brim.

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting

Same liner, store, and "Pocket Hat" inscription as mine (different
ribbon, though). I'm guessing that the "Pocket Hat" was an
exclusive model from Minelli. I can't recall whether Douglas'
Pocket Hat was also from Minelli?

Very nice hat!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
AlanC said:
Great hat. I'd love to have one.

What did they do to make those that allowed for their 'pocketability'?

I've got 4 rolling vintage borsalinos with this one. They're all different, but the thing which they have in common is their very thin, dense, lightweight felt, making it possible for you to roll them up to a small size, and not destroy them in the process.

Flieger- I don't know if there really is a technical term for the crease, but here's what it looks like. 5 points to it.
IMG_3576.jpg

I tried rolling it. No adverse effects, but it just didn't roll well like the others do.

Flieger

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
Flieger- I don't know if there really is a technical term for the crease, but here's what it looks like. 5 points to it.

Ahh... Thanks, Dinerman. I didn't see that in the first set of photos but this last one was a perfect illustration. Nifty crease! Have to try it some time.

/F

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The trick is getting it symetrical. It's harder to line it up. With a center dent, and all the offshoots of that, you have the sweatband seam as your guide, but with this one, you're kind of on your own.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dman it has a really nice bash. My Pocket Hat does not have a leather sweat and is not as nice as yours but it is comfortable though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe