Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMC jacket

joezam713

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen,
For any of you who own an addict clothes BMC jacket, a belstaff trialmaster, or mister freedom mullholand jacket, what are your thoughts on this style of jacket for someone who’s around 5’7”? I’ve often heard that this style doesn’t suit shorter folks due to the proportions of the pockets. As someone who wears knee-length overcoats, I don’t see an issue with long-ish coats but perhaps the proportions of the BMC and trialmaster would look overwhelming. What are your opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think in the right size it'll work. Bane (Tom Hardy) is not a tall guy and he rocks this jacket as Bane, it'll be more of a short coat look, just covering the butt. The only thing I find slightly annoying about this design is the belt. I feel like I have to fully do up the belt every time I zip it up. Open with belt tucked in the back is ok.

1720457931829.jpeg

Here is my FCL one worn open
IMG_0448.jpg

I also had the textile version of the Belstaff one. I would suggest to try on those first, they're a bit longer but that would help with the overall proportion I think, plus Nordstrom always has them and if it doesn't work out return is easy.

joezam713

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the photos! Yeah, I am really hoping a mulholland or addict clothes works. The belstaff is nice, but kinda thin.

theeprimitivesound

One of the Regulars
Belstaff fieldmaster, no belt and not quite as long, ideal for shorter guys, im not tall (five eight) and sold my panther, great jacket but too long for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld