Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Block-Bilt: Website link-Never seen these jackets. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
No contact address. That’s conspicuous.
The jackets (and the photos) look very similar to BK.
They don’t look very interesting to me. And the affiliation with BK would be a big minus for me.

It is a legal requirement if trading in/from the UK and selling online to have a physical contact address on your website, you would expect an established company to be aware of that.

Someone is paying to keep the info "private/ blocked" through a third party provider in Arizona. My thought is that someone goofed the first time around and left the info public. Then they went back and purchased B-B with the info hidden. ;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
So soon. Oh well. The seller's based in Bedford. That's interesting...
Cutting the price like that, though, I dunno. It's a bit DFS, isn't it? "This sofa is usually £900, but for a short time, just 365 days, we're offering it for £400! We're cutting our throats here, hurry!!"

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The jackets prices seemed a bit high to begin with. The fact that they go for half at ebay now only makes me wonder more of they are worth their money. Then again, I wonder about that with many companies if you compare their pricing of 5-10 years ago and now..

Edward

Bartender
So soon. Oh well. The seller's based in Bedford. That's interesting...
Cutting the price like that, though, I dunno. It's a bit DFS, isn't it? "This sofa is usually £900, but for a short time, just 365 days, we're offering it for £400! We're cutting our throats here, hurry!!"

The description is also odd:

"New and unworn, beautifully constructed replica of the original pictured above."

Is this just somebody dealing swith English as a second language, or should this be read literally - i.e. we're being invited to bid on a copy of the jacket pictured?

The jackets prices seemed a bit high to begin with. The fact that they go for half at ebay now only makes me wonder more of they are worth their money. Then again, I wonder about that with many companies if you compare their pricing of 5-10 years ago and now..

I think all the established makers are charging markedly more than they were a decade ago. This seems an odd beast, though, with a jacket seemingly appearing at half price, via an individual's personal eBay account, before the business is even fully off the ground...

l0fielectronic

Practically Family

Edward

Bartender

pawineguy

One Too Many
I love a mystery... so did a search on the sellers username, same seller has been selling some AL jackets - http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...40-42-/161232833215+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Also, and it is indeed a small world, a search for the sellers username comes right back here to this post by 'Schitzo' http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/belt-buckle-position-and-the-keepers-is-this-correct.68289/ (Same username on photobucket.)

Nice work... he definitely posted that AL kudu jacket here when he first purchased it also... the famous crocs with leather jacket picture.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/alexander-leathers-light-brown-kudu-dakota-size-42.72328/

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Soooo, we have brand new jacket, 'similar to one pictured', being sold for half the ticket price, by someone with close associations with AL/SB, who themselves have been trying to hide their connections with the maker, Block-Bilt. Dunno about you guys, but I'm sold!!

shut_up_and_take_my_money-wallpaper-800x480.jpg

willyto

One Too Many
Everything looks so shady... I can't believe that in such a small community of people interested in quality leather jackets some people still try to do weird stuff like this one.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Random observations:

· SB/AL has been selling its new jackets on E-Bay at substantially discounted prices for a long, long time. In particular, SB/AL has been using its distributer/straw man, Drifter Productions, to sell discounted brand new SB/AL jackets on E-Bay.

· Block Bilt is selling brand new Block Bilt jackets on E-Bay at substantially discounted prices.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously exalted SB/AL on TFL.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously sold one or more SB/AL jackets through E-Bay.

· The Block Bilt jackets look remarkably similar to BK jackets.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously exalted and defended BK on TFL, and regularly posted on BK’s FB page.

· BK previously stated that it was merging with a British company.

· SB/AL is a British company.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets, who previously exalted and sold SB/AL jackets, and also previously exalted and defended BK, is located in Britain.

· The Block Bilt website may have been created by the manager of SB/AL.

I’m not saying that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, or aliens currently reside within Area 51, but the above facts do paint an interesting picture.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I very much doubt that this company has anything to do with SB. The jackets are nothing like theirs and the website is written by someone who does not have English as a first language. Then, as was said before it has no contact information, which they would know is a legal requirement. Lot of old ladies on here gossiping in my opinion.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Random observations:

· SB/AL has been selling its new jackets on E-Bay at substantially discounted prices for a long, long time. In particular, SB/AL has been using its distributer/straw man, Drifter Productions, to sell discounted brand new SB/AL jackets on E-Bay.

· Block Bilt is selling brand new Block Bilt jackets on E-Bay at substantially discounted prices.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously exalted SB/AL on TFL.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously sold one or more SB/AL jackets through E-Bay.

· The Block Bilt jackets look remarkably similar to BK jackets.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets previously exalted and defended BK on TFL, and regularly posted on BK’s FB page.

· BK previously stated that it was merging with a British company.

· SB/AL is a British company.

· The E-Bay seller of the new Block Bilt jackets, who previously exalted and sold SB/AL jackets, and also previously exalted and defended BK, is located in Britain.

· The Block Bilt website may have been created by the manager of SB/AL.

I’m not saying that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, or aliens currently reside within Area 51, but the above facts do paint an interesting picture.

Tin-hat time.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Curve ball: said seller spends a lot of time in China. What's to stop him taking a BK jacket and some pics of generic vintage types with him to a factory over there and get them to make the jackets for B-B? So, it may well be that what said Seller is selling is one of the test samples for B-B.
I see he has another one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Block-Bil...868444?hash=item25b787025c:g:FmoAAOSwB4NW1JBh
Note the usual reasonable tone of the auction...
On a side-note, I hear that the AL/SB etc etc Hawick factory has shut up shop, leaving all work being done out of the Moffat workshop.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Curve ball: said seller spends a lot of time in China. What's to stop him taking a BK jacket and some pics of generic vintage types with him to a factory over there and get them to make the jackets for B-B? So, it may well be that what said Seller is selling is one of the test samples for B-B.
I see he has another one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Block-Bil...868444?hash=item25b787025c:g:FmoAAOSwB4NW1JBh
Note the usual reasonable tone of the auction...
On a side-note, I hear that the AL/SB etc etc Hawick factory has shut up shop, leaving all work being done out of the Moffat workshop.

"Roscaldinho" is indeed Schitzo. That was his photobucket username. I do hope he is given the opportunity to explain himself, as he is a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe