Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black or brown belt...

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
jon z said:
...when wearin' brown leather jacket with black Engineer Boots? I can't decide which is 'right'.
I only wear a brown belt w/ brown shoes. Black belt goes with black footwear. Don't know if thats a fashion rule but it's just what I go by.

Brown belt w/ black shoes... no one will probably notice anyway.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Pretty much as I do but recently been wandering if I should match the belt to my jacket colour. As you say I guess it's not something that's going to be noticed anyway but I want to feel right for me regardless.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
jon z said:
Pretty much as I do but recently been wandering if I should match the belt to my jacket colour. As you say I guess it's not something that's going to be noticed anyway but I want to feel right for me regardless.

Either color would look good.

No biggie.

Peacoat

Bartender
I never knew the females visited here in this section. But I guess when a fashion question appears on the horizon, they will be on top of it.

My three pair of motorcycle boots are black. Most of my motorcycle jackets are black, but I have three seal brown jackets I wear while riding, and one cordovan jacket. Never even think about the color difference.

I do, however, try and match my shoes and my belt when I am wearing "real" clothes. But that wasn't your question.

Fiver64

Practically Family
dames.............

If it wasn't for fashion-wise, compassionate women, many of us (or at least me) would not have been saved from walking out of the house looking like a dork on many occassions. Thank God for "GRR-ANIMALS!" :eusa_clap

I opt for the matching belt and shoes, but I do tend to wear jackets that match those as well............just my preference.

green papaya

One Too Many
Black belt with Black boots

according to my book about how to dress like a GENTLEMAN they say you should always wear a belt that matches the color of your shoes.

so a black leather belt would be the correct color to wear with your black boots!

;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
HadleyH said:
I won't do it again!:D
[bad] You'd better watch yourself, Missy. You're not too old to be spanked!
inlove.gif

injunjack

One of the Regulars
there's something wrong with the whole question:p

Black boots insist Black jacket.....and then black belt...

Jack
- good guys wear black -

jon z

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input all. Black belt with the boots then.

injunjack: I have no problem with brown jacket/black boots but the reverse of I do for some reason.

Peacoat

Bartender
Tomasso said:
[bad] You'd better watch yourself, Missy. You're not too old to be spanked!
inlove.gif

I don't volunteer for many unpleasant tasks, but this one is the exception. Hadley needs a good spanking.

Jon Z, I agree. Brown boots with a black jacket just doesn't fit.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Peacoat said:
I don't volunteer for many unpleasant tasks, but this one is the exception. Hadley needs a good spanking.
As this is a belt thread I think any corporal punishment that results due to posting in it should utilise a belt rather than the palm. It would be more fitting & on topic.

Peacoat said:
Jon Z, I agree. Brown boots with a black jacket just doesn't fit.
Hmm...interesting but I'm not sure why that is for me. Care to quantify it Peacoat?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jon z said:
As this is a belt thread I think any corporal punishment that results due to posting in it should utilise a belt rather than the palm.
A belt!?!?:eusa_doh: I'm thinking feathers.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82