Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Murray as FDR-‘Hyde Park on the Hudson’

TomS

One Too Many
I'm looking forward to this movie. I live a couple of hours from Hyde, and really enjoy visiting there.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Murray in dramatic brilliance: Lost in Translation, The Lost City.

Really looking forward to this one. He is one of the best actors working.

One grumble, Bill Murray seems to have the attitude and body language, and even the accent, but his voice is nowhere near as mellifluous as FDR's.

That voice is probably once-in-a-millennium. And perfectly burnished with breeding, self-knowledge, smoke, and gin.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I visited Hyde Park in August. You'd be absolutely amazed at how small that place really is. Amazed they fit so many kids and folks (including his Mom) in there for so long. The thing that impressed me most was the group of photo's on the Grand Piano. Arranged in loving care were photo's of all the Royals and displaced Royals and personages that had visited the Roosevelts there when Europe was in darkness. It was very moving to me.

Worf

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Did you see the 1939 RCA TV in the study, with the mirror reflector Screen? My favorite room was the library. I could get very comfortable in that library of a snowy evening, with the fire blazing and a cognac in my hand.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Did you see the 1939 RCA TV in the study, with the mirror reflector Screen? My favorite room was the library. I could get very comfortable in that library of a snowy evening, with the fire blazing and a cognac in my hand.

Yes we all noted the early TV. I was more enamoured of all the fine wood in the study, library and dining room. Yea, nice digs. The nearby Vanderbilt mansion though... Wow! That was a mansion! Velvet covered handrails and all!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael