Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bill kelso

Otter

One Too Many
From reading elsewhere I think there are some supply chain issues with certain leather types and colour combinations. So long and short, it may be four weeks if they have it in stock, or longer if the tannery takes their own good time.

Mark

Practically Family
I know BK has plenty of Russet in stock. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my my Russet jacket. I do not have the feeling it will be coming any time soon. Read some where BK have quite a long que. I think 2-3 months more likely, sooner would be good but 2/3 months is ok too.

kojax

Practically Family
i think everybody who makes leather jackets are way behide, where i live years ago was the biggest tannerys in the world. now condos lol

As of late, I am finding it increasingly difficult to justify to myself spending a grand or more on a jacket I have to wait for three or more months to wear.

w126c

New in Town
I ordered a dark seal A-2 about a month ago, was told dark seal was out of stock. I was offered russet or could wait about 4-6 weeks. No problem waiting for what I want and BK has been great to deal with so far.

No thanks, don't even want to imagine that let alone endure it!

+1

That's not only gimmicky as hell but also... unwise, because chances are that the measurements you've sent in two years ago won't be worth a damn no more, once the jacket arrives.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
+1

That's not only gimmicky as hell but also... unwise, because chances are that the measurements you've sent in two years ago won't be worth a damn no more, once the jacket arrives.

I suspect that they will confirm your measurements or you would ask them to when they demand the balance of the payment right before making your jacket. LOL. In any case, I notice that fellow loungers have stated in various posts that they often change their choice etc during the wait period.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I suspect that they will confirm your measurements or you would ask them to when they demand the balance of the payment right before making your jacket. LOL. In any case, I notice that fellow loungers have stated in various posts that they often change their choice etc during the wait period.

That's exactly right. GW will confirm measurements just prior to making. It's frankly a little silly how some earlier posters have assumed that they'll just make your order up using the original measurements supplied without confirming them at the time of production.

schitzo

Suspended
it also can be noted that you don't pay GW 2k up front, you just lay down your $200 deposit and then the rest is due once the jacket's done.

Paying 2k and then waiting 2 years sounds plain retarded to me and as far as I'm aware that's not even an option with any of the vendors we discuss here. Although, if you have got a hankering to pay somebody 2k for a jacket that comes in 2 years time, reckon I could find a way to facilitate you

My assumption regarding the measurements may have been silly, but it's right up there with the two years waiting period - the whole deal is bonkers as far as I am concerned. Just can't figure out what the heck does it take so long for them to slap together 20 or so jackets, 'cause at 2 grands a piece, can't imagine they're actually swimming in pre-orders. Would sooner find an original that fits for less.

Wouldn't ever get into it, myself.

schitzo

Suspended
My assumption regarding the measurements may have been silly, but it's right up there with the two years waiting period - the whole deal is bonkers as far as I am concerned. Just can't figure out what the heck does it take so long for them to slap together 20 or so jackets, 'cause at 2 grands a piece, can't imagine they're actually swimming in pre-orders. Would sooner find an original that fits for less.

Wouldn't ever get into it, myself.

Monitor, who are you talking about?

GWs take an age cos he does them by himself and because too many greedy bastards get their first one in then lay down deposits for another 3 or 4. I guess you aren't talking about GW so please do let a brother know!

By himself? Well, in that case, I apologize and deeply so. Didn't know that. Man's got my respect, then. Figured it's a company, like any other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82