Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso "Cuoio" Aeronaut natural Badalassi

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I just took possession of my fourth Bill Kelso jacket to date, and it is without question the best one yet; arguably the best made jacket I've owned actually.

Cut from Badalassi Carlo vegetable tanned natural cowhide, they are calling it the "Cuoio" Aeronaut. Every detail is spot on and to my exact order specifications, which may not be best for me as I'm having cold feet on the fit (length and width) :/

If looking for a natural shawl collar cossack thats made to order and custom specifications, I would strongly strongly recommend considering BK's latest offering.

C11D439C-7984-42A0-BB7D-67A339498D84.jpg

D09B7485-D431-4126-91D8-7325DF2E1C0E.jpg

FF0F72D5-721F-4E3C-B8B4-C3F20EC1AC54.jpg

773C0822-3FA3-4F14-9491-46B530ED1D4E.jpg

7FA08EC6-377F-4F57-A740-051249E5A139.jpg

FC76C937-E9B4-4EF3-AC14-248906CF20FC.jpg

Mark

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket. Do you think it is a little big and a tad long? Guess it depends how you like to wear your jackets, slim fitting or with room to move and layer. Perhaps it will relax a bit when you wear it some.
I would love one of these in a russet colour.
Great jacket.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
What a beauty!

Thx, Eric. The infamous Badalassi Aeronaut finally to fruition after 3or so years :)

Beautiful jacket. Do you think it is a little big and a tad long? Guess it depends how you like to wear your jackets, slim fitting or with room to move and layer. Perhaps it will relax a bit when you wear it some.
I would love one of these in a russet colour.
Great jacket.

Thx Mark, yeah I fear I may have overcompensated based on my previous Aeronaut order, where I requested a length of 24.75 and got 24.25". Shoulda trusted Andy's advice. To do over I'd request 24.5" length and 22.25-22.5" chest. This is 25" length and 22.75-23" chest. I may just do that. We'll see. This jacket is seriously bitchin tho ;)

Last edited:

CBI

One Too Many
We hear a lot of negatives about BK. Its nice to see the actual result which is an exceptional well made jacket. In regards the size, to each his own. I think a little room is the way to go and all jackets need ti me to break in and mold to our figures. Many jacket nuts sell before the jacket has time to break in. My tastes have changed quite a bit and when I now see these almost painted on super slim leather jacket fits, they look totally out of proportion to me. There were sizes all over the map in the "vintage' eras. It's a mistake IMO to not have a little room.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
@CBI appreciate your reply and thoughts. I totally agree with you on the sizing. My preference in sizing has definitely changed since I first got into leather jackets. Started off in the skin tight camp; absolutely not there today.

This style needs the drape, like an A2. Just not sure what I think about the extra drape with the extra length!

Going to mull it over for a week or two, wearing it around the house (and away from the red wine :eek:). If you guys see it on the marketplace, you'll know where I landed lol

Edit: the length is pretty close actually- but definitely longer than my other cossack style jackets (both leather and cloth). Threw on a pair of LVC 47s and the jacket falls right about to the base of the yoke. Perhaps it shot width near the base hem that's most tripping me up?

Last edited:
Yeah, awesome. That's my favorite style after the CR tho I never even tried one on. Looks like a very heavy jacket! Love it. You shouldn't have fit concerns.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Man that's killer @bretron! Fit looks perfect. Better than the other like jacket you had imho. I love this pattern and you wear it to the nuts.

Thx man, that's exactly where I started. The "other" one had a 23.25" back length. I was absolutely crazy about it, but just couldn't swing with it being that short. I have a bit of a long torso, and generally wear medium rise trousers and jeans (11-12" front rise). 25" may be just a bit longer than I shoulda done, but I'll give it more thought before moving it along- I was joking with a buddy that we buy them then sell them then repeat lol (sad but true). This is also cut fuller thru the body, and has the advantage (for me) and can be ordered with or without a lining.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, awesome. That's my favorite style after the CR tho I never even tried one on. Looks like a very heavy jacket! Love it. You shouldn't have fit concerns.

It is much heavier than I imagined it would be; like twice as thick as the Liberty I swear! Pretty close to Aero's Vicenza tho maybe slightly thicker. I opted to have the cuffs leather lined; I'd probably recommend going cloth lined cuffs to y'all. I'm sure they'll soften up with time but right now they feel like gauntlets haha

3298.jpg

willyto

One Too Many
In my opinion it looks a tad too big on you. Specially the sleeve lenght and body lenght and I don't agree with those who say that when breaking in jackets fit better, if they don't fit when new they won't fit when broken in.

As far as I remember the Mr. Freedom Campus was a good fit on you.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
In my opinion it looks a tad too big on you. Specially the sleeve lenght and body lenght and I don't agree with those who say that when breaking in jackets fit better, if they don't fit when new they won't fit when broken in.

As far as I remember the Mr. Freedom Campus was a good fit on you.

Thx for your feedback. The Campus was a spot on fit by every measure except the body length. Also, I'm a picky sonofagun when it comes to fit haha

Length of body and sleeve look perfect to my taste. I wouldn't want it any shorter myself. For me anything less than 26" in either body or sleeve is getting too short for comfort. I've tried to pull off 24.5" back lengths and 25" sleeves...right to bay they go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe