Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Californian/Surrogate...

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
On to the fit pics! I see that nearly all y'all on this forum like very trim fitting jackets. So you'll all probably hate the way this one fits me. But I love it. It's exactly what I wanted.

I also knew the sleeve measurement, and knew from the Bruce Willis photos and the sleeve length that they'd be too long. BUT I took that into consideration and knew I was going to cuff them ahead of time, and it's perfect. If I ever use the jacket for riding, I'll uncuff them, for all other wear, I love the look of them cuffed.

I have enough room underneath for a sweater, although surprisingly not all that much room. The jacket does get a little bit blousy on the bottom, but again, I'm overall VERY pleased with the fit of this thing.

For reference, I'm 5'11", 225lb, 46.5" chest, Size 38 jeans.

0-5.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0.jpg
0-4.jpg

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
It’s a good relaxed fit, I personally like it. The length however seems excessive to me, especially the sleeves are way too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit looks good. I think you can pull the belts in a bit and it’ll look even neater. Sleeves are long but I assume that’s b/c the jacket it replicates were too. Good fit to wear year ‘round. You can get a sweater under it if needed and extend it into colder weather.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Fit looks good. I think you can pull the belts in a bit and it’ll look even neater. Sleeves are long but I assume that’s b/c the jacket it replicates were too. Good fit to wear year ‘round. You can get a sweater under it if needed and extend it into colder weather.

Yeah man thanks I just pulled the belts a little tighter. Good stuff. I think this one's gonna be great for all day comfort.

Yeah man thanks I just pulled the belts a little tighter. Good stuff. I think this one's gonna be great for all day comfort.
Yup. I’ve been toying with the idea of a lighter weight HB myself. I love my Aero but it’s a legit 11lb monster. It’s truly a monster. Heaviest jacket I’ve ever owned. As much as I love it, that weight limits it’s wearability. It’s lined in corduroy too...Has to be a cold day. There’s a lot to be said for a jacket that can take/shed some layers. The weather window for leather is somewhat narrow to begin with.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I love my Aero but it’s a legit 11lb monster. It’s truly a monster. Heaviest jacket I’ve ever owned.

Yeah my Aero LHB was way too heavy. Lined in wool. Too hot to wear in the fall, almost not warm enough in the winter, and just too heavy to be all that enjoyable. I put 5 years of fall/winter use into it anyway, got it some screen time on a TV show, but in the end the weight combined with limited arm articulation finally made me put it away for good. I gotta go take a look through your photos and check yours out.

Aero LHB.jpg

Yeah my Aero LHB was way too heavy. Lined in wool. Too hot to wear in the fall, almost not warm enough in the winter, and just too heavy to be all that enjoyable. I put 5 years of fall/winter use into it anyway, got it some screen time on a TV show, but in the end the weight combined with limited arm articulation finally made me put it away for good. I gotta go take a look through your photos and check yours out.

View attachment 186970
It’s this megalodon, the cuffs are three nickels thick, need vice grip pliers to button them. It’s my fav jacket and just how I ordered it. But a lighter weight variant would be nice:
FF0E660B-16E1-4D38-BBDF-63A70D06C692.jpeg
3FB5D26C-891C-4AA4-AC55-B12FFA5270AA.jpeg
A27C3024-369F-48B3-9751-9CF58D31D94A.jpeg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh man we're headed in that direction down here. It's perfect right now - 72 degrees most days, though the evenings are pretty cool - but in another month or so it will start heating up, and the humidity will kick in. I HATE that humidity.

Oh man we're headed in that direction down here. It's perfect right now - 72 degrees most days, though the evenings are pretty cool - but in another month or so it will start heating up, and the humidity will kick in. I HATE that humidity.
I saw a video online last year where a guy cooked a full breakfast, eggs and bacon on the hood of a car in Australia! Man I can’t do it. I’ll be bitching up a storm about the winter and -70 by March but the humidity. Good lord. It’s worse. Doesn’t take much effort to start a fire and stay under a blanket. Once I start sweating. It’s over. Whole day is shot.

Here are a couple of more. I think I've only seen this on my goat skin jackets from the late 30s, early 40s. I call it The Swashbuckler look!

This new BK Surrogate has the look.

BKWs-mmQ5nULK7iHojiQxfOtzNCwv6nZolVL5TYnUmi4dHmV7mZJ6eQDzXg5jCN6g7G0mG-3NaTuE0li50iHOW4SpsQKP2XmSl9d-FRIHwhCsBQ9LK186CrebEni-YKXL2o88xanJR2FUKC93yRLRU3qzJtdqwr4D9dbffITDSeYo2iHJ_iBkTTdxl7xd95vwjgGHWHm_GbAdon68mYVqoKeSQNQZR6aWew0nbn--Gow3aJZujtgRH-MvVFJoQ8PAg-O92H1V5a1zqatgWJlXXKzSLUMURr6jzyAdayvKmpWDJoS27y2mzgeyInmgfcZS_HRY6h-LAbb1OyGrAEt26UUUJ3RsCoUbx40ItOmV3bnH6tAE078j0Okndy35o3IHqFAI7HKt4OphoKrcx1NaOo8EY1Fm5EKGGSPNyhA_MFJsKJYZtSfEwVS0x9oc2rXcGD9eWFXtJBuceZgPTiL28LPiwoGnFKREjumy38tsSvah1y0LEl_8OWm2eNHhvZUUOQPGDaRZ_M-VgobRvN7lAyf9IFNLQvCEt3lJBElUCtgxF3jzDOxPEF_wvQdZAcbFSn4T9iBCVDPayOdfxqmVQIwvqZPlMM0Nazkn0rC-0M9VWaRu5DM2goq59jjjpP_Rq1RdivtFAalhhJEyvdQJqAMQRzoWtD5rXk8XKqdyjeDe_5Y7NV9TGMozaVvQ8FFJGgc0MGi2WeECfCi_wtKx_vF_aANJFUhtBL55pnPqv1882MVEg=w1024-h680-no
That’s just brilliant! I really love that idea. Double up the cuff. Perfect.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yes agreed! This spring I sold my beloved heavy Aero LHB, heavyweight cowhide Langlitz Cascade, and one of my Schotts. Oh yeah and my Legendary Wild Stallion (although that thing fit me like a glove). Gimme lightweight comfort now at my ripe old age of 41!
Err.... 41 is not ripe old age man coming november i too be 41, i like jacket fit trim when butonned or zipped and when unzipped/ unbutonned usually it fits just the right amount of loose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe