Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Aeronaut A1- Which Lining Should I Choose?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The BK jacket i ordered and sent back had the copper lining, the top of the pile one, and it looked amazing, i would really recommend it!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
yes, I mean not lined with fabric. And I can tell you it is not stiff/rigid. At least not on my Westfall

Cool, thx for clarification and also info based on your experience. I'm gonna go that route then (w/all olive lined). If nothing else, it will make the sleeve ends harder wearing, know what I mean?

Hey Bret, why not skip the decisions and buy my Menlo Cossack.... ;-)

Lol! Giving up on that thing?

In truth, I was very very close to picking up a used Heron, but decided id rather go through these struggles on a MTO one all my very own :)

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
If you're still polling folks for opinions, I think I agree with Carlos840 that the copper red would look pretty awesome! That khaki tan (4th one from the top) would also be quite striking with seal brown leather. Good luck.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I like the plaid (4th down on the right). Hell, the best part of a custom leather jacket is being able to choose a special lining. Obviously, I'm in the minority.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
An example of a Himel with a plaid blanket lining....

c0187684_21393599.jpg

Sometimes a color and/or pattern that doesn't pencil out at all on paper ends up look totally badass when put into production!

More plaid goodness

20130202_7a923b.JPG

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
THIS is your narrowing down?! Lol

Anyway, seems like you've cracked it now. Just to totally highlight what a big girl's blouse you are, I have a Russet Westfall on order that's due soon and I haven't even bothered about the lining, I just told them to do whatever they think looks good

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bretron,

Congrats in advance on the BK Aeronaut -- I really dig that jacket!

With brown leather, I like tan/beige/brown cotton plaids (wool is too warm for my climate). With black leather, I prefer a solid charcoal or black. I do not like blue, red or green plaids -- too much contrast.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Killin me, Schitz! Lol!

I gotta be picky over somethin, right?!

Seriously tho I spent about 3wks getting the final spec for the collar tab/top button. I need a new hobby obviously (I say that but I love this $#i!T)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Bretron,

Congrats in advance on the BK Aeronaut -- I really dig that jacket!

With brown leather, I like tan/beige/brown cotton plaids (wool is too warm for my climate). With black leather, I prefer a solid charcoal or black. I do not like blue, red or green plaids -- too much contrast.

Props bro! I appreciate both your kind words and input. I've been obsessed with these jackets for a long time now, and am thrilled to be taking the leap. Something about this jacket just has me totally enamored.

Mark

Practically Family
I nearly went for the Aeronaught but bottled out not sure I have the confidence to wear that collar but it does look cool. I'm now going for the Waldo Pepper.
I'd go for a plain lining, easier on the eye.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't pay much attention to lining either other than: is it durable? I never see reason to go past a dark cotton drill. Tartan lining seams foppish to me but if it's your thing, great.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a cool idea. I've got a soft spot for tartans, so I'd go with the tan and red. Third row down on the right. Hey, dead men don't wear plaid.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Turns out what I thought was an olive green is actually mustard yellow

Like this
1487807_766634133366880_4138240103473283560_o.jpg

And this
10269239_779777878719172_3887715036854199291_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82