Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Film...Best Clothes?

Chas

One Too Many
What contemporary films send you into vintage fashion lust? There are a number of films that I would send kudos to the costume dept.

October Sky (1999). I grew up in a small industrial town in British Columbia, so I can strongly relate to the story line. Some pretty fantastic blue collar fashions in this.

Seabiscuit (2003). Elizabeth Banks in vintage is almost enough to make me forget about how good Annette Bening does. That, and that leather jacket Toby McGuire gets to wear makes me a little jealous.

Bugsy (1991). Can't think of another contemporary actress who looks better in vintage.....Annette Bening..."uuuuuggggghhhh" (the Homer Simpson hunger/lust sound)
[video=youtube;tEkqFUOp_iE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEkqFUOp_iE[/video]

Last edited:

Drappa

One Too Many
It may sound cheesy, but "Confessions of a Shopaholic". The main character's silhouette is 50's inspired, the colours are amazing and the combinations fresh and completely unexpected for such a movie. Love it!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Lonely Hearts from 2006.
2510943931_44f8e381a3_z.jpg

2586937393_ee63e25661_b.jpg

Edward

Bartender
All of the above, but especially....

Lonely Hearts from 2006.
2510943931_44f8e381a3_z.jpg

I'd crawl over broken glass to watch Salma Hayek read the phone book, though.

Depending on how recent you want to get, I'd also recommend Cry Baby, released in 1990. Probably not to everyone in these parts' tastes (they wear jeans! The []horror[/i]! lol ), but if you like that early-50s, pre-rock and roll rockabilly vibe, this nails it.

Surprised LA Confidential hasn't also been mentioned?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael