Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beaver BELL CURVE Top hat for sale.

metropd

One Too Many
Beaver BELL CURVE Top hat for sale.

circa. 1870's to early 1915

SIZE US 7

Impeccable condition.

nicholasintophat5-2.jpg

nicholasatfashionshow1-1.jpg

tophatfront.jpg

tpsidefront.jpg

$500

metropd

One Too Many
If you Just don't have the budget for $500 to spend on a hat but dream of owning a hat like this, call me at 858 735 7724 and I will work with you to have your dreams come true.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Can't believe you are going to sell it Metro! Those "Day at the Races" photos were simply stellar. You look fantastic in that topper!

Good Lord, keep the one you've got!! They cannot make them this well any more. No-one, absolutely no-one, is making a top hat that can rival a good condition one from this era (^^). You will not find one with that lovely flattened front/back brim treatment, you will not find one with such high quality materials or finish. Most certainly not with the beaver finish. London top hats today are, frankly, garbage. I've checked out all the major makers, and their quality is terrible.

There is a good reason why London top hat makers are desperately gathering all the examples of large top hats in good condition of the early 1900s to put new ribbons/sweats/edge bindings and charging thousands of pounds for them. The reason is that they cannot make them.

The one i own is a French one from the same era as yours. I got it at a vintage fair for under 50 GBP which is an amazing deal as it is almost perfect.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld