Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty tips for every era

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
I never thought about also picking the right way of applying the lipstick in order to harmonize your face shape! Makes sense. Although, I really thought the round face example looked really cute with all the wrong things, especially the bow and the cute pouty lipstick. :)

Me too! I thought I was strange for finding her cute with all the wrong things... :)

I don't know what face shape I have out of those.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
when I clink on your link it says
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"
I have no clue what that means...- bummer!

QUOTE=TheDutchess]Hey girls! I randomly stumbled upon this website that gives beauty tips for every era from 1920-2000's. I know some of this stuff you gal's may probably already know but I thought I would share it with you guys anyway.

http://www.beautyisevolving.com/20s-flapper-hair-styles-makeup-fashion.php[/QUOTE]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Inky, I could see it just fine from your imbed on the post. Good stuff! The last last (long and narrow) with her hair and makeup right, looks just like Maureen O'Hara!
Inky said:
okay, i searched around for a bit to see where to put this, and well, here ya go!

it's a 40's movie clip on selecting the right hair/lips for your face shape. Fun to watch!

Emer

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
okay, i searched around for a bit to see where to put this, and well, here ya go!

it's a 40's movie clip on selecting the right hair/lips for your face shape. Fun to watch!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_9JwjRyD0E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_9JwjRyD0E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

lol lol lol I have an ideal face shape! I'm an oval!

For the ladies who asked how to figure out their own--my hair stylist was actually the one who told me what shape my face was. We were talking about different cuts and she told me that I was lucky to have an oval face, that most cuts work well with it. That's how I found out.

However, I've also heard of standing in front of a mirror with a bar of soap, and using the soap to trace the shape of your face in the mirror. When you finish, you step back and you can see what shape you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe