Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bargain handsome sheepskin lined wool coats

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for this. This website looks like there is tons of great stuff. I am looking at the german army trenchcoat, fingers crossed on sleeve length.

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks for this. This website looks like there is tons of great stuff. I am looking at the german army trenchcoat, fingers crossed on sleeve length.

I was looking too. Sleeve length worries me though as well. I am generally a long, being 6-4".
If you order, or find any info, please post it.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Out of curiosity, I checked whether these are still being sold - they are.

Out of further curiosity, I checked the chest measurement for a size medium: a whopping 50 inches! :eeek:

I was told the shearling is about 1 inch thick. Nonetheless, these are sized large: perhaps for a lot of layering?

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Nice metatron thanks for the link. the coat is very tempting but Im in having a tough enough time justifying getting any of my winter gear from Montana out for what London calls winter

rayban

New in Town
I bought one of these Bulgarian army sheepskin lined overcoats. They are fantastic. Unissued surplus. The outer material is darkgrey felt (not to stiff). And inside its completly lined with sheepskin. Warm. Well let me put it this way. We had temperatures last week dropping to somewhere between minus 5 and minus 12. Everytime I wore the coat to and from work it felt being in bed all the time. Thats how warm it is. It's quite heavy: around 4,5 kg's I'd say. You'll look like the Michelin man but who cares.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I bought one of these Bulgarian army sheepskin lined overcoats. They are fantastic. Unissued surplus. The outer material is darkgrey felt (not to stiff). And inside its completly lined with sheepskin. Warm. Well let me put it this way. We had temperatures last week dropping to somewhere between minus 5 and minus 12. Everytime I wore the coat to and from work it felt being in bed all the time. Thats how warm it is. It's quite heavy: around 4,5 kg's I'd say. You'll look like the Michelin man but who cares.

May I ask what size you acquired, what your chest size is, and how roomy the fit is?

As I mentioned above, when I contacted the seller, I was told that a size medium was 25 inches across - rather large for an overcoat. I just obtained a size medium vintage N3-B, which probably also is 25 inches across, but it works well due to its shape as a parka and the fact that it is made for layering underneath. Curious what you think about the overcoat.

rayban

New in Town
Hello Philalethes,

Of course you may ask!

I ordered one in size 'medium'. My chest size is 101 cm's (European/metric). This equals somewhere between 38"-40" English size.

Although I was told that the coat were 'generously' cut I found the 'm' I bought to have a rather snug fit. Like a glove so to speak. There's plenty of room for a thick pullover to fit comfortably but a thick tweed jacket would be a bit too tight.

What more can I tell you? Well I am 1.71 m tall and slim built (weight 70 kg's/bmi 24). The coat reaches exactly to my knees. I'll try to post a few pics of it.

Having said all this: I do believe that the coat should not fit too loose. It's warmth comes from the combination of its felt outer material, the thick sheepskin lining and a comfortable but not too roomy fit.

By the way: the coat is rather thick and heavy and some people might think you're of on a North Pole expedition!

Let me know if you buy it! It really is worth the money

Good luck

Rayban

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe