Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbigirl - Injured In Auto Accident (Update: & On The Mend!)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
This is the first I've heard the news. What an awful thing to happen! I'm glad to hear she's on the mend, and hope this continues in a speedy way! :):)

Edward

Bartender
Just caught up with this thread - shocking news, but heartening to read that the recovery process is progressing. Thoughts and prayers with you, Barbigirl. Glad to know too that the drunk who caused this has been arrested - hopefully the eventual punishment and criminal record will deter him from repeating this in future so noone else has to suffer as you have.

Edward

Rufus

Practically Family
Great news Barbigirl! Keep knocking back the Dr Peppers! The recuperative powers of sugar and bubbles are greatly underestimated! ;-)

I hope Miss B and her family have a wonderful sunny weekend.

Love and best wishes,
Rufus

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Sad to hear that Barbigirl, I know the pain your family is feeling. Last Sept. my brother was killed in a biking accident. He was training with some of his friends here in So Cal. It involved a Twin Tractor Trailer hauling dirt from a construction site. The investigating Detective told me the driver was on a road where he was not allowed. Later I heard a Cell Phone was involved, what role it played in my Bros death is still under investigation. Our Family is not making any accusations and do not wish the driver ill. We prayed for him.
Soon as you can get up and move around and get those body parts moving !
Good Luck and have a speedy recovery !

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I don't often venture into the Obs. Bar but am glad I did.
Good to hear that B. is doing well. Thinking of her and her family and the other passenger.
Breaks my heart to hear of people still doing this.
Scotrace, please do pass on our best wishes from 'across the pond'

freebird

Practically Family
scotrace said:
She is progressing remarkably rapidly. Whizzing around the hospital in a wheelchair, tormenting her assigned help with Dr. Pepper demands, and making all the interns proclaim undying love.

I would not be surprised if she keeps our date to go jogging next Tuesday. ;)

Seriously she is doing well considering the extreme trauma, and is looking forward to returning to work at a pace that seems almost impossible!

That's great news Scott! I am really glad to hear it.

Barbi, you're in my prayers as well! I'm looking forward to seeing you back in the lounge.....maybe you can talk those interns and nurses into dressing vintage for a day and making a few pics.;)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's good to hear that Barbigirl continues to improve. Please keep us posted and let her know that there are a lot of folks out there that care and are praying for her and her family.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
I'm glad she's in good spirits and is improving. Sending good thoughts her way.
images-2.jpg

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Thanks with heart

Thank you first to my best and dearest friend Scotrace for pulling everyone together for all the warm wishes. I am so deeply touched by wishes here and snail mail. Much appreciation to all.

Typing much work w/two broke arms somore via scott while focus on rehab.

MKL

A-List Customer
Barbi,

I am thankful to see you are doing much better. I trust you will have a complete recovery. Good to see you back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld