Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbara Feinman Hats

I have a friend who works at Barbara Feinman, and I've bought several house-made hats for my lady. Today, I picked up this custom-made pork pie inspired by a hat worn by Marcelo Mastroianni in Ieri, oggi, domani (Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow).

Thanks for sharing these photos... I like the hat on you. We see a lot of fine hats on the lounge that were made for people long dead... its nice to see current fashion whimsy with vintage inspiration.

cheers,
Alan

HatsEnough

Banned
I've been looking for someone that make hats with the same fur felt that James Taylor used in this hat and it looks like she does.
JT_bio.jpg

Well, I searched the Lounge for James Taylor and found that his hat was made by Frederick Fox Ltd of Avery Row in London.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Out here in LA there is Louise Green. She makes great hats, though pricey for ladies. My wife has 3. But her men's hats are definitely overpriced for what they are. On a positive note she does hand make and block them all on vintage equipment.

She has the dubious honor of doing the Green Hornet's hat in the last movie. But she has also done all the great ladies hats on Desparate Housewives. In case the ladies are looking for something or the guys want to get something for the wives:

http://www.louisegreen.com/

GratefulDawg

New in Town
I bought two more hats from Barbara Feinman, and here they are. The first is a Panama that I had made for my father:

6518689031_97895841c6.jpg

6518686839_03b14ff0e3.jpg

I bought a hat on display at the store for myself as I was ordering the above one. Here it is:

6518691091_0c7a9a485e.jpg

6518693163_26cdc5cdf2.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dawg, I like the Panama - the ribbon is very cool. I'm sure you're father is going to be very happy with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe