Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

vintageTink

One Too Many

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Here in Norman Oklahoma, we have ice. Fortunately, not enough to pull the power lines down though. Everyone seems to be driving pretty well in it, unlike Kansas where it's either 70 mph cause who cares about ice or 7 mph cause we're scared to death of ice. In Alabama we had ice once. Everyone stayed home for 36 hours and then it was 60 degrees and who cares...

Later

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hi

Here in Norman Oklahoma, we have ice. Fortunately, not enough to pull the power lines down though. Everyone seems to be driving pretty well in it, unlike Kansas where it's either 70 mph cause who cares about ice or 7 mph cause we're scared to death of ice. In Alabama we had ice once. Everyone stayed home for 36 hours and then it was 60 degrees and who cares...

Later
Ice shuts down many Southern cities.
Snow isn't so bad, at least you can get some traction.
Where I live, we could get either, usually snow though.
But in 94...we had a whopper of an ice storm, shut the entire city down.
After that, the utility company learned to trim trees near power lines, and the subsequent storms (wind usually) haven't been as devastating.
The problem with ice/snow here is those drivers with 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, that think they can stop quickly too. Uh no...
My work vehicle is a 4wd Jeep and I love it, but I realize that it won't stop on a dime on the ice/snow, because it won't do that in the rain. :D

Obviously someone's said this about you at some point.

Here too. Today, as a matter of fact. The grocery store was crammed with people freaking out & eagerly emptying the shelves of various unnecessary things.

:rolleyes:

Yup. That's the same way they act down here at the slightest threat of wintry weather. What are they gonna do with all that milk?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

vintageTink

One Too Many
Yup. That's the same way they act down here at the slightest threat of wintry weather. What are they gonna do with all that milk?

Reminds me of the Henry Cho bit when he talks about his mother being late to the store and all that was left hot dog buns, so at school he ate peanut butter on hot dog buns.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

Bread and milk here.
Well beer too. :D
Mae it's going to hit further down TX where my inlaws live.
They are in a town of 3,000 people where it takes about 5 minutes to pass through the entire place.
The bad part is the 4 lane highways surrounding them, there aren't any road crews, I mean why should there be?
Black ice caused my fil's truck (new at the time) to go round and round last time they got ice.
This time he's sick, and that might be a good thing, because he won't be on the highway.

Reminds me of the Henry Cho bit when he talks about his mother being late to the store and all that was left hot dog buns, so at school he ate peanut butter on hot dog buns.

Too funny. Once we had a bunch of hot dog buns left over from a cookout and my kids ate pbj on them for a while. They thought that was too cool.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Too funny. Once we had a bunch of hot dog buns left over from a cookout and my kids ate pbj on them for a while. They thought that was too cool.

And if they are the extra long buns, well a foot long PB&J sandwich is almost every kids dream. ;)

Bread and milk here.
Well beer too. :D
Mae it's going to hit further down TX where my inlaws live.
They are in a town of 3,000 people where it takes about 5 minutes to pass through the entire place.
The bad part is the 4 lane highways surrounding them, there aren't any road crews, I mean why should there be?
Black ice caused my fil's truck (new at the time) to go round and round last time they got ice.
This time he's sick, and that might be a good thing, because he won't be on the highway.

At the ranch here, near Mexia. It's raining now, possibly some ice later today, but should get up above freezing and stay there by tomorrow. Hopefully, you won't run into too much trouble. Hope you have a safe trip down here.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
At the ranch here, near Mexia. It's raining now, possibly some ice later today, but should get up above freezing and stay there by tomorrow. Hopefully, you won't run into too much trouble. Hope you have a safe trip down here.
Thanks.
It should be clear the day we come down.
Of course where my inlaws live, they dodged the bullet. Everything that was going to be ice, turned to rain.
Considering the drought they had earlier this year, and of course last year, cold rain is better than none at all. :D
BTW on the trip back, I get an hour on the radio and my wife gets an hour. My hours (after Thanksgiving) consist of Christmas music! :lol:
This year it's Firestone and Goodyear Christmas album tunes. I had them as a kid, my wife didn't.
It's Andy Williams, Burl Ives, Julie Andrews, and a few others I forgot, for hours and hours.
If she doesn't kill me it will be a miracle, a Christmas miracle. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken