Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is what I tell my sons when they don't want something. :p
Smart move. :D

Ever had bacon grease on a piece of bread? I tried it before just to see...it was good.
Solidified grease from crackling-making.
One slice home-made bread.
Salt.
Paprika.
...my breakfast today.
(yes, THIS is how I've lost weigh.. because: yes, it IS good for you) :thumb:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Leaves falling outside, and 65 today.
So do I rake the leaves or hope my neighbor is working Monday, when I can use the blower to send them his way?

Smart move. :D

Solidified grease from crackling-making.
One slice home-made bread.
Salt.
Paprika.
...my breakfast today.
(yes, THIS is how I've lost weigh.. because: yes, it IS good for you) :thumb:

Aaahh....good times.
I remember the first time we went out to a restaurant in Ukraine and the hostess brought a basket of warm fresh baked bread to the table with a little dish of butter, only it wasn't butter.:eek:

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

He has tools too, I don't want something dismantled when I come home. :eeek:
Don't be a chicken. That is what lawsuits are for. :p On that same vein, my idiot neighbor's trash tree was growing WAY over the fence on my side and dropping leaves all over my side porch steps etc. I didn't notice it until last week because I usually do not go that way and look up. :p I fixed it with my pole saw and pruning hook. :p He was home when I was doing it. In fact, his idiot gardeners were in the yard trimming another tree in the far back that isn't near the fence. I nailed three trees yesterday. Filled up one green waste container. Now I have to clean the gutter that the idiot trash tree filled. :rolleyes:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Cold today - doubt it will reach the 40s. Supposed to get snow in the western portion of the state, but I doubt it will make it this far east. Fine with me. I love autumn and want it to last as long as possible.

The autumn colors have been absolutely gorgeous here this year - probably because we got a LOT of moisture in the last 10 months.

Cold today - doubt it will reach the 40s. Supposed to get snow in the western portion of the state, but I doubt it will make it this far east. Fine with me. I love autumn and want it to last as long as possible.

The autumn colors have been absolutely gorgeous here this year - probably because we got a LOT of moisture in the last 10 months.

The snow will come. You can bet on it. They are saying this year will be COLD. :eusa_doh::eeek:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Don't be a chicken. That is what lawsuits are for. :p On that same vein, my idiot neighbor's trash tree was growing WAY over the fence on my side and dropping leaves all over my side porch steps etc. I didn't notice it until last week because I usually do not go that way and look up. :p I fixed it with my pole saw and pruning hook. :p He was home when I was doing it. In fact, his idiot gardeners were in the yard trimming another tree in the far back that isn't near the fence. I nailed three trees yesterday. Filled up one green waste container. Now I have to clean the gutter that the idiot trash tree filled. :rolleyes:
About five years before buying my current home, one of the next door neighbours had planted a Christmas tree. At the time the tree was only just visible over the fence, but it just kept growing like topsy. When it reached twenty feet tall, the shallow roots were causing my drive to rise and the roots were threatening to go under my house footings, which would have caused my house wall to crack. Root pruning the tree could easily have destabilised it, possibly causing it to topple, especially during gale force winds. My neighbour seemed oblivious to all pleas to have the tree removed, but thankfully, he sold the place, and within a week of moving in, the new owners had the tree removed.

The amount of light we all suddenly had, was both amazing, and most welcome. But that tree had one little last laugh. It had been consuming gallons and gallons of water. Once gone, my garage would flood, cost me a small fortune to have a drainaway, plumbed into the storm sewer.

About five years before buying my current home, one of the next door neighbours had planted a Christmas tree. At the time the tree was only just visible over the fence, but it just kept growing like topsy. When it reached twenty feet tall, the shallow roots were causing my drive to rise and the roots were threatening to go under my house footings, which would have caused my house wall to crack. Root pruning the tree could easily have destabilised it, possibly causing it to topple, especially during gale force winds. My neighbour seemed oblivious to all pleas to have the tree removed, but thankfully, he sold the place, and within a week of moving in, the new owners had the tree removed.

The amount of light we all suddenly had, was both amazing, and most welcome. But that tree had one little last laugh. It had been consuming gallons and gallons of water. Once gone, my garage would flood, cost me a small fortune to have a drainaway, plumbed into the storm sewer.

I would have had that tree gone in a month. Groundclear (previously Triox) at the local hardware store would nail it dead. Just dump it near the fence and bang, dead. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Painted the front part of the house today, since winter temps and weather will be coming for the next few days.
This weekend I'll paint the back part of the house, then she's good for winter.
I'd clean out the gutter, but the leaves are still falling! :mad:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Our furnace hasn't been on yet, but tomorrow night I'll probably turn it on for at least 2 days.
So far we've just had oil heaters in rooms we happen to be sitting (or sleeping) in.
With thermal drapes throughout the house, they don't have to be turned up very high.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21