Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Seconded Rue. Are you celebrating your new abode?

Is it too early for anyone to catch some leaves turning on film (digits)? Would love to see some color here.

A picture's worth a thousand...

M.

rue

I love your new pic Rue, you're a doll!

It's rainy, then sunny, then flippin' windy and rainy here, but surprisingly not so chilly!

Thank you Miss Sofia.... you're always so sweet :D

Seconded Rue. Are you celebrating your new abode?

Is it too early for anyone to catch some leaves turning on film (digits)? Would love to see some color here.

A picture's worth a thousand...

M.

Yes I am, thank you for asking! I'll take pictures when all my furniture gets here in the vintage home thread :)
I wish I had some color here, but not yet :(

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Some thing that I always think about this time of year is what will close down for the up and coming winter! In Michigan we have up north, the Mackinac Island, which has some very large nice well built homes from the real vintage era. The Island is well know for the famous Grand Hotel, which had been in a few movies. They do not have any cars on the Island, but do have bike rentals and horse carriages to take you around in case you do not want to walk. There are many fine places to stay, nice shops and places to eat, and for those that want to have a drink or get sloshed, they have a variety of places to wet your whistle there.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After playing chicken for the past month, it looks like Autumn is here to stay on the East Coast. Unfortunately, because of the funky weather (extreme warmth and massive rainstorms), we seem to have missed out on all of the great foliage. We drove north over the weekend and the trees either had a very dull color or no leaves at all.:(
But I just walked outside and smelled burning leaves :) Ahhhh.........Love it.

DNO

One Too Many
After playing chicken for the past month, it looks like Autumn is here to stay on the East Coast. Unfortunately, because of the funky weather (extreme warmth and massive rainstorms), we seem to have missed out on all of the great foliage. We drove north over the weekend and the trees either had a very dull color or no leaves at all.:(
But I just walked outside and smelled burning leaves :) Ahhhh.........Love it.

We had nice colour up here but it peaked about a week or so ago. The beauty of it impresses me anew every year. I can't imagine living in an area that doesn't get this colour. Now it's all dulling down and bare trees are starting to show. Despite that, as I look out my back window I see green...no colour at all yet! There's a bunch of mature maples out there that seem to be holding on 'til the last minute. Good for them!

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the season...that layer of white is probably not far behind!

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe